GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My contribution to the diy solution. I originally planned to cut out a piece of the driver's side panel to access the bolt storage solution as you can see by the outline on the wood before coating it but ultimately decided to just relocate that storage box somewhere else. I also have the non-subwoofer rear so slightly different layout of the tray thats normally under the seat.

20200809_144305.jpg

20200820_143539.jpg

20200820_143446.jpg
I like how you hinged the access panels to the front. I wish i would have thought of that. I have to slide my seat forward every time I want to open mine.
Oh well. Mine have been awesome to have in place and well worth the time spent. Maybe I'll need to do a version 2.0 with front hinge and sell my first version.

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I like how you hinged the access panels to the front. I wish i would have thought of that. I have to slide my seat forward every time I want to open mine.
Oh well. Mine have been awesome to have in place and well worth the time spent. Maybe I'll need to do a version 2.0 with front hinge and sell my first version.

Yeah I realized that when I dry fitted some of the panels and it would get caught if the front seat backs had any tilt to them at all. This way it just limits how much the lid lifts up at worst, but it will always open.

I think if I did it again I'd remove the black tray as well to gain that space. That area doesn't seem overly useful as is, and would also allow me to make the boxes taller for extra storage there too.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Matter76
If I redo mine, I'd do a few things differently. That's one of those things too. Second would be a few inches further back so I could recline the seats more. 3rd I would measure the area for better plywood fitting. :facepalm: I just wanted it done at the time functional over looks. I already planned to put carpet on it.

Sponsored

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Glad to see I’m not the only one thinking of jettisoning the rear seats! Had a JKU befor this and had all kinds of handy, useful stuff squirreled away in the nooks and crannies. Having the bed is AWESOME but I miss having cargo room inside the cabin. I’m thinking about designing some sort of storage system tha goes along the back wall.

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Glad to see I’m not the only one thinking of jettisoning the rear seats! Had a JKU befor this and had all kinds of handy, useful stuff squirreled away in the nooks and crannies. Having the bed is AWESOME but I miss having cargo room inside the cabin. I’m thinking about designing some sort of storage system tha goes along the back wall.
If you pull the trigger please share. I'm considering something along the back as well. I like the repurposed plastic grid mounted there posted earlier in this thread for strapping bags to. Something like the metal molle panels for the interior that some vendors produce would be great in that space.

Jeeperskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
My contribution to the diy solution. I originally planned to cut out a piece of the driver's side panel to access the bolt storage solution as you can see by the outline on the wood before coating it but ultimately decided to just relocate that storage box somewhere else. I also have the non-subwoofer rear so slightly different layout of the tray thats normally under the seat.

20200809_144305.jpg

20200820_143539.jpg

20200820_143446.jpg
Don't suppose you have the dimensions still?
Sponsored