Sponsored

Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete Replacement

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Why do people do this? I dont mean make your own. But someone posts a post about the goose gear install and you are like I did my own for $30. Why does it matter you chose to go one way and another another way.

In full disclosure anyone can do their own. But even as shown in you diy it is fas as eloquent of a install than the goose gear. Now personally I am seriously interested in the goose gear product and until someone makes another similar product for less that is of equal quality. Ill nickel and dime it to get a solution that I feel matches for my build. Just saying I dont get the but hey I did it cheaper rub.
sorry you decided my post was inflammatory. Dint realize someone would get all butthurt from me posting a DIY. carry on snowflake.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone who has the GG seat delete tell me what the product material is? Laminated plywood, reinforced plastic sheet or ?
Curious to know what they used.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone who has the GG seat delete tell me what the product material is? Laminated plywood, reinforced plastic sheet or ?
Curious to know what they used.
Line-X covered Baltic Birch plywood.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
sorry you decided my post was inflammatory. Dint realize someone would get all butthurt from me posting a DIY. carry on snowflake.
If you had read what I posted I have no issues in anyone DIY, The issue I had was how you went about bragging about it only costing you $30 as if to dig the poster. I get it goose gear is a bit overpriced imho. But until there is another game in town they set the pricing. Only other option to save is diy or pay a woodworker.

Now as far as being a snowflake lol too funny. i would love to be back out west where it actually snows. Alas I tend to look at the world differently than most and things that are important to one don't seem to be as important to me. Tends to happen when most of your adult life is spent in a combat theater. So nope but good try as the Army destroyed anything related to feelings a very very long time ago.. Bravo for trying I am just calling as I saw it. Though as someone did point out I may have seen it wrong as its hard to get intent on the internet.... I just found it funny that people spend $60k on this thing and botch complain and moan about spending anything for a quality solution. Something like their butts pucker after they where happy dishing out so much on the initial purchase or should have never over extended themselves in the first place. May of just been a better solution out their vehicle wise to fit ones budget instead of living on beans and rice and nickel and diming their upgrades. that in the end dont even stand up to quality of the vehicle. Hell in my youth I too had done this starting out with my first jeep back in the 90s! But even then didnt skimp on the things I needed.. Just didnt eat, thankfully although not rich I have found ways to get what I want and do it within a budget that works for me. Without having to sacrifice overall in the quality of the build.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Rather DIY...I have a problem with the use of "build"... 'Assemble a kit' or 'bolt on' might be more appropriate. Build for example does not count IMNSHO when you buy and bolt. My perception of the strength of the GG kit made me build one. I also did not like the GG storage limitations. I design for a living, weld, machine and build as a hobby. I like to look at kits and parts and evaluate if it is worth my time and money to buy vs fabricate and improve. All that BS being said, this former airborne medic would rather DIY. Plus...I got an awesome set of tools. What I have in tools is worth as much as a new car. Build if you can... Buy if you must.
I could have easily built my own from wood,metal or composite.

Assuming 8 hours to build at my normal rate the time spent doing so would have had me well north of 50% of the cost to buy, plus materials. If I didn't put any value on my time not so much but I sell my time so why wouldn't I?

The GG platform is plenty strong for anything you are going to put back there, overbuilding is not necessary. My only complaint with it, which I Posted earlier in this thread is it is not coated on both sides which I think is shitty.

I'm not disparaging the diy'ers, but I prefer a more professional appearing finished product, I DO value my time, and I don't think the GG system is terribly (if at all) overpriced. I haven't seen any of the home built stuff I would put in mine, and the cost is a non issue for me. It's a $50k truck not a $2500 hooptie.

I tried to be the voice of reason in this thread and diffuse the situation, then the snowflake and butthurt shit had to come along instead of just letting it be.

Want to cobble together some plywood and carpet in your truck, have at it. I'll pay GG for mine thanks.

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
We’ve completed stage 1 of our delete. We will make a ‘2nd level shelf’ for our two Jack Russels to ride on (they like to be up high and see out). We used 3/4” birch plywood and BedRugs universal ‘mat’ which works perfectly for our needs. We have about $160 total in materials. Not bad. Not as “finished” as GooseGear but huge savings and better suited for our purpose. Will post more pics when the dog portion is complete!

435F2BC6-BE7B-4F7E-A888-F307938DC261.jpeg

011B2176-37A4-4DD0-8B85-B8469F87F637.jpeg

CE97B4DD-1263-49E7-B483-A9C27991665F.jpeg

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
If you had read what I posted I have no issues in anyone DIY, The issue I had was how you went about bragging about it only costing you $30 as if to dig the poster. I get it goose gear is a bit overpriced imho. But until there is another game in town they set the pricing. Only other option to save is diy or pay a woodworker.

Now as far as being a snowflake lol too funny. i would love to be back out west where it actually snows. Alas I tend to look at the world differently than most and things that are important to one don't seem to be as important to me. Tends to happen when most of your adult life is spent in a combat theater. So nope but good try as the Army destroyed anything related to feelings a very very long time ago.. Bravo for trying I am just calling as I saw it. Though as someone did point out I may have seen it wrong as its hard to get intent on the internet.... I just found it funny that people spend $60k on this thing and botch complain and moan about spending anything for a quality solution. Something like their butts pucker after they where happy dishing out so much on the initial purchase or should have never over extended themselves in the first place. May of just been a better solution out their vehicle wise to fit ones budget instead of living on beans and rice and nickel and diming their upgrades. that in the end dont even stand up to quality of the vehicle. Hell in my youth I too had done this starting out with my first jeep back in the 90s! But even then didnt skimp on the things I needed.. Just didnt eat, thankfully although not rich I have found ways to get what I want and do it within a budget that works for me. Without having to sacrifice overall in the quality of the build.
shaddup

Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Says the one bringing up a post from months ago. Theraphy is a good thing buddy.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My seat delete platform. I could not justify the price for GG. I think mine turned out just as good with more access to the space under the platform. Also removed the plastic storage compartment on the drivers side for an additional 6" of space. Whole thing is covered in paint on bed liner.

20200620_162309.jpg

20200620_162323.jpg

20200620_162415.jpg

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
The Goose ones do look nice, good fit/finish though it would bother me to have the underside not line-xed as well for that price.

Some DIYs look meh, while others look really well put together. Has me in a bind because I like saving money but may lack some of the skill set used in putting one together that I can enjoy.
Sponsored