Gorilla Glass an Order Option

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Tell me you use Android without telling me you use Android. Wrap around glass on an iPhone? Never seen it.
Really? Because virtually every iPhone since iPhone4 **11 years ago** has had a glass back.

Maybe take a closer look at the $1200 toy in your pocket.

And for the record, the high end sammys are the same way; so its not an Android/Apple thing.
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Really? Because virtually every iPhone since iPhone4 **11 years ago** has had a glass back.

Maybe take a closer look at the $1200 toy in your pocket.

And for the record, the high end sammys are the same way; so its not an Android/Apple thing.
It was $1000 thank you very much. No iPhone has ever had wrap around glass, only Samsung I’m aware of, you know where the screen and glass wrap around the edges. You can’t have “wraparound glass” on a phone where the glass stops and has a metal divider. That defeats the entire definition of wraparound. Also, again no, not every iPhone has a had a glass back since 11 years ago. iPhone 5-7 had metal backs.

It’s kinda like if I told you the line wrapped around the building, you’d expect it go around the building. Yet you went outside and someone directed you that the line was across the street and going down the block. But I still don’t know what that has to do with gorilla glass being poor on an iPhone.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
It was $1000 thank you very much. No iPhone has ever had wrap around glass, only Samsung I’m aware of, you know where the screen and glass wrap around the edges. You can’t have “wraparound glass” on a phone where the glass stops and has a metal divider. That defeats the entire definition of wraparound. Also, again no, not every iPhone has a had a glass back since 11 years ago. iPhone 5-7 had metal backs.

It’s kinda like if I told you the line wrapped around the building, you’d expect it go around the building. Yet you went outside and someone directed you that the line was across the street and going down the block. But I still don’t know what that has to do with gorilla glass being poor on an iPhone.
When I say 'wrap around' i mean the glass is on the front and back, not a curved screen. But either way, the point still stands, the gorilla glass on phones is highly dependent on the "frame" its attached to. The other dude brought up apple, so I was just pointing out they break on iphones (and high end sammys) because they are designed to be pretty not functional.

OP
OP

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Do you all think it’s a worthwhile option if insurance replaces glass with no deductible? Think they cover 2x a year in Georgia.
Here my deductible is $500.00. Some companies cancel glass coverage on the 3rd claim according to what some people have informed me.
I’ll see if I can get the Gorilla on insurance As an OEM replacement.

ajstx09

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Save your money, not worth it. I had it installed on my factory order. I’ve had my truck just a bit over a month and I got a tiny rock chip that turned into a 3” crack the next day. I don’t even have 2k miles on my truck. Luckily there’s a 2 year warranty on it, I’m having it replaced free of charge on Monday from my local dealer. They had to order it and it came in within 3 days.
I was the 3rd guy this week that went it for a warranty claim on the gorilla glass. They also mentioned you’re only allowed one replacement on the 2 year warranty FYI

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Save your money, not worth it. I had it installed on my factory order. I’ve had my truck just a bit over a month and I got a tiny rock chip that turned into a 3” crack the next day. I don’t even have 2k miles on my truck. Luckily there’s a 2 year warranty on it, I’m having it replaced free of charge on Monday from my local dealer. They had to order it and it came in within 3 days.
I was the 3rd guy this week that went it for a warranty claim on the gorilla glass. They also mentioned you’re only allowed one replacement on the 2 year warranty FYI
So you paid $95 for 2 windshields? Sounds like a win to me. Other factory window would have done the same and it would have cost you much more to replace that one.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
So you paid $95 for 2 windshields? Sounds like a win to me. Other factory window would have done the same and it would have cost you much more to replace that one.
$95 for any windshield is a deal!
After my 2nd windshield cracked, I went with the HGP Gorilla Glass, and it was a helluva lot more than $95. My insurance covered it, as it was part of a bunch of other damage being repaired.
I've only had it installed for about 5,000 miles, but so far so good.

Kevin

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Just got my JT with the Gorilla option...hope it holds up!

ajstx09

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
$95 for two is a deal, but my point was the integrity of the gorilla glass option. Doesn’t seem to be much better than factory glass.
I plan on putting a layer of clear plex on this one so it lasts longer.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
$95 for two is a deal, but my point was the integrity of the gorilla glass option. Doesn’t seem to be much better than factory glass.
I plan on putting a layer of clear plex on this one so it lasts longer.
Oh I know I was just adding a bright side take to it. Hopefully they’re more durable than that.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Will be interesting to see how these hold up. Gorilla glass has been garbage on iPhone screens for years. And a guy on the JL side posted a side view of the construction of a Gorilla windshield vs a standard windshield and there was only one minor difference in the form of a change in position of the laminate layer.
Will be interesting to see how these hold up. Gorilla glass has been garbage on iPhone screens for years. And a guy on the JL side posted a side view of the construction of a Gorilla windshield vs a standard windshield and there was only one minor difference in the form of a change in position of the laminate layer.
Funny cause gorilla glass on android phones ive never had an issue. But the 2 iPhone I had the glass sucked.
Sponsored