Sponsored

Got Hit Yesterday

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I hope everything works out for ya, family and yourself are good and that's what matters the most, I hope you have good luck with insurance.
I got rear ended in my punkin and it was not a fun time.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
this sucks. We got rear ended over the weekend at a stop sign of all places. It bent the steel bumper on the left side a bit inwards so the trim piece popped out. The tow hook didn't flinch but put a nice hole into the other cars front bumper cover. I have yet to take it in but looks like a new bumper and done. These are built well.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Disgusting. If he was driving unlicensed, he was willfully violating the law. He should have been taken to jail.
My wife was driving her Mercedes SLK a few years ago, when a dumbsh*t in a Ford F-150 ran into her while she was stopped at a light. He had no drivers license, but he did have an State issued ID that said non-driver. So, we paid for it ourselves rather than file a claim since we tend to have a high deductible. I think it was around $2500, biggest issue was getting the trick convertible trunk fixed properly. Even though she filed a police report and he was ticketed she was never notified of a trial, so who knows if the loser was even punished.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Driving is a privilege, not a right, and intentionally running a red light, is grounds for having that privilege suspended in my book, especially when causing an accident. The fact he hit you after you got halfway through the intersection, tells me the light had been red when he approached the intersection, and had been red for at east one minute. Most lights are timed to turn red first, then turn green in the other direction, so for about 3-9 seconds or so, all the lights are red. Adding that he was unlicensed, he needs to go to jail, and not collect $100... Had some one been killed in this accident the driver at fault would be looking at a man slaughter charge and some serious jail time.
Cheers
Depends on what state. Here in good ole North Carolina you can kill someone while driving and be back on the road in a couple months. We had a hit and run happen a few weeks ago were the guy got killed on his bicycle and the driver that hit him never stopped. After a few days they found the guy and he wasn't even given a bond ,he got to leave on a written promise to appear in court. DWIs are treated pretty much the same way. They don't even suspend your license longer anymore for driving without a license, they just fine you Everytime you get pulled. They just write you a fine and let you ride on, knowing you haven't got a valid license, Crazy!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well the crime here should be the slaps on the wrists and no jail time. That’s criminal behavior by the North Carolina lack of “justice” department.
A great reason not to live in the state of North Carolina.

Depends on what state. Here in good ole North Carolina you can kill someone while driving and be back on the road in a couple months. We had a hit and run happen a few weeks ago were the guy got killed on his bicycle and the driver that hit him never stopped. After a few days they found the guy and he wasn't even given a bond ,he got to leave on a written promise to appear in court. DWIs are treated pretty much the same way. They don't even suspend your license longer anymore for driving without a license, they just fine you Everytime you get pulled. They just write you a fine and let you ride on, knowing you haven't got a valid license, Crazy!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well the crime here should be the slaps on the wrists and no jail time. That’s criminal behavior by the North Carolina lack of “justice” department.
A great reason not to live in the state of North Carolina.
Yeah, it sucks. But I love living hear, especially where I am, 3hrs from the beach 1.5hrs from the mountains, can't beat. I really don't feel unsafe on the roads around here, but there are lot of unlicensed drivers driving around. I got at least 6 workers at my Job that don't have license, 3 haven't had license for a number of years and they are still driving around with no license. I also work with a part time deputy Sheriff who knows this and hasn't done anything about it.

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The insurance company "paid" for me to get new bumpers on my Ram 3500 when I hit a deer :) .. Work with the body shop they idon'thave to replace the bumpers with the OEM. You can have them install new ones and you keep the money. But of course that means you have to get a matching front bumper. And the wheels have to match. And now that you have a nice bumper it needs a winch. And with the winch and new tires it doesn't look just right and needs a new lift kit.

.. you get the idea.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Current estimate is $13k to repair.

I'm going to talk with the shop today since I think a few things are missing.

The factory wheel is about $400 to replace with the tire coming in at $275. Then there is balancing on top of that. So let's call it $700. I'm going to see if they will just give me a credit, return it with the spare on it so that I could put Rubicon takeoffs on it. I'm hoping I can source those for $1k.

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"

The factory wheel is about $400 to replace with the tire coming in at $275. Then there is balancing on top of that. So let's call it $700. I'm going to see if they will just give me a credit, return it with the spare on it so that I could put Rubicon takeoffs on it. I'm hoping I can source those for $1k.
How's the frame?

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI

Remember to ask for all original parts. No aftermarket stuff.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Frame itself is ok. Just the bumper mount needs to be repaired

The aluminum wheel took most of the impact. The bent bumper is more of an exit wound.

IMG_20200224_135631.jpg

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
$13000? No wonder our insurance is so high.
Sponsored