First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I talked with the body shop again today. I confirmed that there is 0 frame damage, with the exception of there the bumper attaches (it part of the trailer hitch).

Additionally, the estimate will go up, as they still need to get the brake, drum and suspension components sorted out.

seesharp4me

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Anniversary JK Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, Tesla Model 3, Telsa Model Y On Order
Make sure you go after diminished value. Just went through this with our Tesla. $24,000.00 of damage. They should have totaled it (I think it's 75% value here in Colorado, so really couldn't) because they paid for the car to be fixed, 3 months of car rental as well as $10,000.00 diminished value. The diminished value was a nightmare, because they kept low balling me, but I was not willing to take a loss. I hired a company called Autoloss for $300.00 to do an appraisal of loss and write-up numerous letters to yep you guessed it State Farm... I also filed a complaint with the State of Colorado insurance commision. Between that and the complaint, it finally kicked them in the pants to pay up. Good luck as you never win in these situations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Stopped by the shop today.

They are waiting on some back ordered body panels.

IMG_20200313_120837.jpg
IMG_20200313_120826.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
The body panels are what kept me in the shop a month. Good luck.
Thanks man. They are being delivered on Monday.

They are not banging a single piece of metal on the fix. Everything that was bent or damaged is being replaced.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Make sure they check the axle shafts for being bent, also the housing. You already mentioned rear end alignment, that is important too. Just when you think all is OK and you go to trade it in, you will find that the wreck was reported to Carfax and your trade in is low because of "diminished value," so you get hosed again.

My wife got hit by a driver insured by such an unknown company, and it took exactly one year to get a minimal settlement from them.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Make sure they check the axle shafts for being bent, also the housing. You already mentioned rear end alignment, that is important too. Just when you think all is OK and you go to trade it in, you will find that the wreck was reported to Carfax and your trade in is low because of "diminished value," so you get hosed again.

My wife got hit by a driver insured by such an unknown company, and it took exactly one year to get a minimal settlement from them.
Next week when the bed is off they are going to check out the axle and suspension.

The truck is leased, so resale is not so much my problem. I checked the leasing company and they said as long as it is repaired by a licensed shop it would not be a problem.

Hayseed

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon, 19 Cherokee Overland, 18 Renegade Trail Hawk, 06 Wrangler SE, 01 Grand Cherokee
I was hit by a NC driver yesterday. Traveling at high speed passing me and cut me off when the cop following her lit her up. She only bounced off my front tire collapsing her rear quarter panel but zero damage to my Glad. Thank goodness!! The Trooper stated he saw it all and gave me her information. He said to check it out in the daylight for damage because we couldn’t find any in the dark. Washed it today and not a mark to be found. Just a shiny spot on the tire 1/2 way around. Front bumper wasn’t touched.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Where did you get the Jeep grille decals on your tailgate?
Do you get a decal of the grille of the car that hit you with a slash though it?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Next week when the bed is off they are going to check out the axle and suspension.

The truck is leased, so resale is not so much my problem. I checked the leasing company and they said as long as it is repaired by a licensed shop it would not be a problem.
are you going to buy it after the lease is over?

Does insurance pay you for the diminished value, or do they pay the leasing company?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Ouch. Sorry to hear.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Jeep is finally repaired. Might pick up tomorrow.

Took 2 months due to parts availability.

The body shop is showcasing it in their showroom next to a Ferrari and a Porsche.

Jeep Gladiator Got Hit Yesterday Screenshot_20200428-213814__01

Jeep Gladiator Got Hit Yesterday IMG_20200313_120837

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Jeep is finally repaired. Might pick up tomorrow.

Took 2 months due to parts availability.

The body shop is showcasing it in their showroom next to a Ferrari and a Porsche.

wow, that's expensive.

Glad you got it back. Damn.
Sponsored