First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
We kinda bent it around to rest on the exhaust pipe for support. Looks a little strange but works very good. Length is the important piece of the equation and not really shape.

D9E892F8-3C0E-4B56-8328-3325C93DD106.jpeg
So is the end of that J pipe sealed? I would think you wouldn't want exhuast being vented under the vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
So is the end of that J pipe sealed? I would think you wouldn't want exhuast being vented under the vehicle.
Yup it is sealed. Would not work without something to bounce the sound wave off of.

The shape is not critical. Just the centerline length based on the rpm(frequency) of your drone.

SIG551-A1

First Name
Stazi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Got my suitcase muffler removed yesterday and replace with a section of 3” stainless that the shop fashioned into a lazy S shape to mimic the offset design of the stock muffler. Sound is perfect. Actually pretty loud when you get on it and perfectly quiet while cruising. You only hear the exhaust under load. My RC intake is louder especially under WOT - then the intake super loud. I wouldn’t remove the front or rear resonators as I am sure that will induce drone. The combo of CAI and muffler delete is perfect IMHO. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want your JT to sound obnoxious I can’t imagine needing to buy a full exhaust. I guess I’m getting older. 😂
Sponsored