Sponsored

Great Exhaust Mod

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
If you are trying to go a little quieter and a little cheaper, try just removing the suitcase muffler and leave the two resonators. This might not drone and give you some sound.
Yeah, trying to get the lowest bits a little more rock friendly.. Mines a 6spd so it spends most of its life in the 2000-2300 range on the highway..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, trying to get the lowest bits a little more rock friendly.. Mines a 6spd so it spends most of its life in the 2000-2300 range on the highway..
Most systems have a resonance point. I believe both of ours had max drone around 2100 rpm. Thus the 32 inch j pipe. I will try and get a pic of my j pipe. It is mostly above the actual exhaust pipe.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Most systems have a resonance point. I believe both of ours had max drone around 2100 rpm. Thus the 32 inch j pipe. I will try and get a pic of my j pipe. It is mostly above the actual exhaust pipe.
Makes perfect sense

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I removed only the front resonator since it is the lowest hanging part. Still quiet and no drone.

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
We kinda bent it around to rest on the exhaust pipe for support. Looks a little strange but works very good. Length is the important piece of the equation and not really shape.

D9E892F8-3C0E-4B56-8328-3325C93DD106.jpeg

Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Driving w the top off. At the start it’s a little aggressive but cruising at normal speed it’s pretty quiet UNTIL you gun it then it’s amazing. I’ll post up a thread with videos and drive by shots as well. Sorry for the delay but it’s been too nice in San Diego to spend it making videos we’ve been at the beach most of the week.

idle

close up idle

rockcityphoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland North Edition
Sounds pretty good. Any pics underneath you can share? Looks like you added some kind of tip to the exit.

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I had a local exhaust shop remove the suitcase muffler only, left both resonators. 6 M/T The sound is perfect, no drone at all

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had a local exhaust shop remove the suitcase muffler only, left both resonators. 6 M/T The sound is perfect, no drone at all
That is what I'm thinking. I can always remove the first resonator later
Sponsored