First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392
Hi everyone.
1650526820938.png
We just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves.

Hiding behind PlayfulBird is a couple, Niki & Carly. We are both 30 and love our Jeeps (FCA/Stellantis not so much).
We have two doggys and love camping and offroading(a challenge finding legal areas outside of dedicated parks in Germany).
Carly is from the States, I was born in Germany, but we both kinda lived all over. A large chunk of that time in Africa. Now enjoying Bavaria:beer:

Until now our daily driver is a Grand Cherokee from 2006 with the Diesel. Sadly in Germany they are getting limited access to certain cities and it is not really customizable (limited to a few lift kits), so we were slowly but surely pushed to consider another platform. Adding to this, the arrival of our 55kg (ca. 121 lbs) 9 month old doggy. The GC just did not provide us with the space needed. So after back and forth, and not wanting the eco diesel, we stumbled over a 3.6l Rubicon in Gobi (import). Could not help ourselves and with all the crazy happening we would rather enjoy now.
Seeing as I have been reading in the Forum for a while I thought to sign us up :).
We are part of the local Jeep community and Forum, but the JT is not discussed much, and being an import Mopar EU is kinda out of their depth, and well the US sends us back to the EU Services :LOL:.

We have driven several TJ JK and JL, but after a fun day at one of our small Munich meets (getting to see a 392) and driving in one of the JL, finding creative Jeep solutions to German Parking :rock: , we both kinda knew we wanted something more like the Wrangler but needed more space. I was surely missing a pickup. Hey there is the Gladiator:like:
Test drove the Overland Eco Diesel (Overland and Launch Edition Diesels are the only options available in Germany) at a dealer and after seeing their built 3.6 as well as their Hellcat swapped import models we were kinda sure we did not want to deal with the new Diesel Issues. Our Grand Cherokee Diesel is great, no worries but surely also because no DPF. Newer vehicles as diesels are a no go for us anymore.

After seeing our "Appa" at an importer we just pulled the trigger. Stupid because there was surely not a great vibe between us and the importer. Back left reverse led not working, rusty dinged up hitch and receiver. Scratches on the fenders and front (apparently all damages from the import process). All stuff they did not want to deal with, and later found most likely explanation on their private facebook and YT. They went on a joyride:swear:. Had they just been upfront and not explained everything away... whatever. We are freaking happy to have the truck now.
1650526677983.png
So far we have thrown out the rear seats, and a friend of ours (if anyone needs a carpenter in Munich give me a shout, he is a great dude) has built him (the little black monster you see in the pic) a platform. When all that is finalized we will post some pics.
We love the halos. Drives the local police crazy. It is an import and all from the factory, after that and the papers we have, they can't do anything, but they like to try.
So far we have coated the under-body and flooded the frame and cavities with fat. All in the name of fighting rust.
And plugged in a Tazer mini.

84f57864-dbbb-4871-84d5-e6fba2b9fce7.jpg

So that's us.

āœŒ
Prost!
Where in Germany? My dad was born and raised in Bad Nauheim.
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Reminds them of donuts, they lose focus, and then they canā€™t perform their job as well. Less distractions = safer neighborhoods
Ha. Seems more like a power trip to me. Some police seem to forget that they are there to serve and protect, not harass.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Welcome aboard from a former army vet. Used to be stationed in Idar-Oberstein. Some of the best times Iā€™ve ever had in one of the nicest places Iā€™ve ever lived. Broke my heart to have to leaveā€¦

Last edited:

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Reminds them of donuts, they lose focus, and then they canā€™t perform their job as well. Less distractions = safer neighborhoods
I love LEOs, but yeah, dats funny.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Welcome aboard.
Your 2% of Police sound like our BLM out here in the southwest. Ill trained, ill tempered, power tripping SOBs. Always looking for a reason to harass. Hard to not give them a reason when they are always on the prowl.

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I got nothing against police officers. One of the toughest jobs in the country with shit pay. They deserve better training, better on the job care, and better pay.
Agree 100%. Cops in Munich with a family even some times have to take pizza or similar delivery job cause rent is so expensive and their pay is shite.
here in the southwest. Ill trained, ill tempered, power tripping SOBs. Always looking for a reason to harass.
Jup. Sounds about right.

Last edited:

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Es seiht gut aus! Im sure many Germans are salivating over that JT! I lived in Gelnhausen for 3 years. My wife is German. Enjoy the attention. Iā€™ll try not to think about your ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬ at the Tankstelle šŸ˜©

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Es seiht gut aus! Im sure many Germans are salivating over that JT! I lived in Gelnhausen for 3 years. My wife is German. Enjoy the attention. Iā€™ll try not to think about your ā‚¬ā‚¬ā‚¬ at the Tankstelle šŸ˜©
Thank you :)

You only get two people, they either love it or hate it. Quickly sorts out those worth spending time with :rock:

Yeah, it grabs attention, a little more negative than experienced with the JL. With the Wrangler people seem to love it or ignore it.

On a side note our dog grabs even more attention, also people love him or hate him.

In the neighborhood people complain that it is large/why we would need a pickup (despite there being several RAM 2500 and 1500s) or are just grumpy. Reckon it is visually a little more aggressive and the people notice it more than the RAMs.

So far I am happy to just ignore the attention and enjoy the ride and our life as much as we can. With all the crazy happening we will try and make the most of it.

Those that know or are Jeepers love it for sure! Some older gents come up to us and tell us it is a sick ride and they would also go do crazy stuff ...
Lots of Jeep waves though.

For 5 min it was cheaper than the Diesel but that did not last long... hear it is getting worse every were though.
Tbh it is worth every cent, just the smile and happiness it generates. We can also go everywhere anytime and that for me is the greatest feeling of freedom I experience.

Sponsored

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Wunderbar, weil es im Wald geschahā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.in einem Jeep :jk::)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver