Sponsored

Happy Today...Got to Drive My Baby After Two Weeks :-)

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I had my right hip replaced two weeks (to the day) ago and trying to lift my right leg is still a problem. The joint is okay but, my entire thigh muscle feels like I was kicked by a big horse and is sore as hell. I wanna go all Mongo on that horse that kicked me!!! (Blazing Saddles reference :LOL::LOL::LOL:).

Anywho, trying to lift my right leg up and into my Gladiator (stone stock Overland) just wasn't gonna happen easily. I did try that leg lift strap the gave me at the hospital but it was more hassle than it was worth and really didn't help. It's only good for help getting in and outta bed.

I figured out the easiest way to get in. I put my left foot on the running board, grab my strap handle and stand up all the way on the running board. Then I can easily swing my right leg into the truck and down by the pedals then, sit the rest of myself down in the seat, again relying on that handy dandy grab strap. Gas and brakes were easily managed as I have always used my heel as the pivot point between the two ever since I learned to drive so, I didn't need to try and lift my leg any.

It was so nice to get out and drive her again and run a few errands.

So, anyone needing to go through this in the future, just some handy dandy tips ;)
Sponsored