danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
got mine on day 4
small spider--tried injecting with 3m windshield kit-- not sure if it worked (didnt seem to)
--insurance called me the other day (pre-jeep). said i was having "too many claims". I was like WTF? i only had ONE claim...ever.
Ohhhh no....turns out windshield repair (with 100 deductible) adds "claims" to my inusrance....
Fuck.
What insurance do you have? I’ve always had a glass specific policy.... with maybe 10 claims over my life... no issues, no rate increases or bs w Geico.
Sponsored

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
What insurance do you have? I’ve always had a glass specific policy.... with maybe 10 claims over my life... no issues, no rate increases or bs w Geico.
AAA insurance. i will call them direct...the call i got was from the insurance broker...will see what the company says

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
lookis like there is a "mopar" gorillia glass replacement
with 2 year warranty!!!1

jEEP® GLADIATOR
Mopar® windshields made with Corning Gorilla Glass for tough defense against chips, cracks and fractures are available on the Jeep® Gladiator. Contact your local glass provider or dealer for installation.

Corning Gorilla Glass Part Number: 68522631AA
National Auto Glass Number: DW02656GTY

FIND A DEALER

also this:
https://racingopticsjeep.com/

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just scheduled my 2nd windshield replacement in just over 3 months. Luckily I live in Florida, so $0 deductible.

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
I use this on my windshield, have had it on last 8 months and 2k miles(not driving much with COVID) and have survived a few highway rocks. It also works fine with ACC fwiw, and I've yet to peel 1 of the 3 layers off. I'll be putting a new one on once the time comes eventually, as at $200 it's a cheap effective solution.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kbros

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
Took Sgt. Glady to the dealer today for my lift install. MY windshield crack had grown by more than a foot in 3 days. I told the service advisor I expected Jeep to replace my windshield under warranty, citing the 2 year gorilla glass language in my new car paperwork packet (https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/content/store/pim/details/warranty.pdf). Here's the critical language:

"MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions. Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty. Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period." (I added the boldface)

I told the service advisor that this language made a pretty strong case for coverage. She agreed, but said that it was was newly added language. She said that the policy in place under the old language was that she was required to take close-up digital images of the crack, send it into Mopar, get their approval, and only then could she order the windshield under warranty. Please wait for her to get back to me next week, she said. Tick tick tick.

The dealer who sold me the Gladiator offered third party insurance through Permaplate.com. He wrote that "The windshield coverage is for 5 years and replaces your windshield at your home or work, with aftermarket or OEM glass, NO deductible. It is a total of a $5000 benefit over the 5 years and is $599 + tax." It takes effect when I buy the coverage, not retroactive to the delivery date.

According to State Farm, dropping my comprehensive insurance deductible from $500 to $0 increases my monthy premium by $12/month. Do it, I said.

So I'll push for Mopar to fix this one, then either look to my car insurance to cover the others or maybe third party coverage.

I've owned TJ's for nearly 20 years. None of them had a windshield crack. Pits and chips, yes, but never something so large as on Sgt. Glady and certainly not after less than a month of ownership.

What are you doing, fellow Gladiators? Eating the cost? Have any of you succeeded in getting Mopar to cover the windshield replacement under their warranty, either the old one or the new Gorilla glass version?

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
I use this on my windshield, have had it on last 8 months and 2k miles(not driving much with COVID) and have survived a few highway rocks. It also works fine with ACC fwiw, and I've yet to peel 1 of the 3 layers off. I'll be putting a new one on once the time comes eventually, as at $200 it's a cheap effective solution.
HOW IS CLARITY?

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
There is another thread about windshield cracking. My own experience: driving up to OR from St. Louis in January, I had road salt hit the very bottom edge of my windshield..about 3k miles on the ride (I bought it in October with 54 miles). Next morning...cracks. Now, I had bought the Crystal Fusion product that the dealer offered me. Long story short, after some hoop jumping, they replaced the windshield with a non-MOPAR (no Jeep symbol) glass. And, they recovered the glass with new Crystal Fusion.

Worth it? For $600.00 for the cost of the crystal fusion, I'm break-even now.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
9600 miles and I’m on windshield number 3.

2321F98A-01BC-4689-B569-30680C0E059A.jpeg

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Yes, my windshield looks almost identical to the OP’s, again 3 weeks in. Some driver approaching me went through a line of slush on the center line and wave bombed the whole front. I heard the rock hit but the crack didn’t appear for a few days and spread while the defroster was on.

OP
OP
kbros

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
OP here with an update. I drove to Denver yesterday and outside of Rawlings I caught a rock while passing a semi. Major cracks in my line of sight. My insurance approved a replacement with zero deductible and Safelite had an OEM in stock (because the original one worked so well 🤪). I guess my pushing for a Mopar-paid replacement will have to wait till next time.

FA3F97D2-8988-4C88-8152-4E0EEDC69431.jpeg

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I have the MOPAR gorilla glass windshield incoming. I am set up for a April 7 install date. Insurance is covering it. I have a $0 deductible.

I will follow up after it gets installed.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have the MOPAR gorilla glass windshield incoming. I am set up for a April 7 install date. Insurance is covering it. I have a $0 deductible.

I will follow up after it gets installed.
how did you go about convincing them to go for that?
Sponsored