Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Who else is having this problem. I mean I use to beat the crap out of my JKU. Didn't mind a little dirt on it and didn't mind bouncing it off a few rocks here and there. Now I find myself looking at every little thing that gets on my JT. I probably would wash my JKU once a month, I've washed my JT 3 times in 6 days. I think I'm losin it:facepalm:
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I am pretty much the same way with my Jeeps. Jeep is not my DD so it stays in the garage and used for nice weather. I traded in my 2016 JKU WW when I bought the JT. JKU had 10k miles and was never in the rain or snow in the 3.5 years I owned it.

I had to make myself drive the JT in the rain just because I thought I was a nut not wanting to take my JKU out in the rain.I got the JT home after the rain drive, apologized and washed her the next morning. All is well

Last edited:

Donato

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (current), 2013 Wrangler (sold)
Nope not me :lipssealed: Took my JTR out on easy trails twice before I hit the 1000km mark (600~ miles?)

I babied my last Jeep for 2 years before I started to taking it offroading and modding it. Deff not making that mistake again.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I baby mine! If she gets scratches or dirt after hitting some trails then I talk her through it! She's fine afterwards....

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
There is a difference in babying it and taking care of it. I have 18.5k miles on my LE and you can't tell that it didn't leave the showroom floor yesterday. I'm not a big off roader so I don't "hit the trails" but I tow with my truck a lot and the main reason I own the JT at all is for those glorious 60 days between Thanksgiving and the end of January where I make my annual pilgrimages to the Mississippi flyway to lure innocent ducks and geese to their death. Then once it gets warm I take the top and doors off and leave it in the garage until vacation time. We usually head down to Destin Fl a few times a year and I can't be at the beach without my Jeep so it makes those trips.

I am in the process of saving up a few bucks to buy a side x side to scratch the off road itch. Just makes more sense to me to use the $60k vehicle to tow the $12k vehicle and abuse the cheap one.

Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Liberty, 2012 Fleetwood Bounder, 2003 Ford Expidition, 1999 Ford Ranger
Who else is having this problem. I mean I use to beat the crap out of my JKU. Didn't mind a little dirt on it and didn't mind bouncing it off a few rocks here and there. Now I find myself looking at every little thing that gets on my JT. I probably would wash my JKU once a month, I've washed my JT 3 times in 6 days. I think I'm losin it:facepalm:
Some are so careful they won't let the dealer do an oil change! Your normal drive on and keep it out of the rain!

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Have to admit, I'm the same way. During this covid-19 time, I haven't driven it much, (can't remember the last time I got gas), but I do find myself making numerous trips to the garage to visualize (read: stare) at it thinking of my next mod. During that process, somehow a rag ends up in my hand and I'm wiping on it before I know it. Wife is concerned that I'll wipe the paint off it, but I assure her, nothing to worry about, "It's a jeep"!

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
No, if I wanted to look at a showroom condition version instead of using all $60k worth of goodies it has on it, I'd just drive down to the dealership and look at the 10 they have on the lot. Have to get my money's worth, which means using all of the off-road goodies, skid plates, sliders, steel bumpers, slush mats, tow package etc. Otherwise why spend the money?

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
You need to get over the worry and use it as the Jeep truck it is meant to be. Mine was drug over rocks in WV with 1000 miles on the odometer, got its first small ding at Rausch at about 5000 miles and continues to be used as a daily driver, off road weekender, travel trailer hauler, kid sports taxi and weekend home project runs to home depot and it still looks and runs great with about 17k miles. It is the perfect vehicle for every task I need but definitely not being babied. I will admit though that I also walk out to the garage just to look at it and make up reasons during the lock down to get it out and drive.

Atomicat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ and 20 JT
Please send your Man Card back. It has been revoked, for obvious reasons. To retain Man Card, please drive it like you stole it, rub some dirt on it and thrash it. At least, knock the new of of it.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
My undercairage is as clean as the body. I am very bad

Bruce

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I take care of my Jeeps, use them off-road, but don't deliberately hit rocks. etc. My Gladiator is special, after all, it is groundhog rated, lol.
Sponsored