Is there a contour to Jeep pinch seem?

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
It appears most have seen do not cover the seam like the rock rails. They need to be very right and flush to cover it up. The only thing I have see that’s more like a step and covers the seam is the mopar extended rock rails and these:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/dv8-off...LsQ-I8LnEgDkUQTZcYDWpYkBO1Goyn8BoC-b4QAvD_BwE
Looks like the ones from DV8 are pinch seam mounted only, I may be wrong though. I kind of like the look of the Mopar ones but damn! For a $1000 I can have custom ones made. Guess I'll wait it out. Thanks
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Looks like the ones from DV8 are pinch seam mounted only, I may be wrong though. I kind of like the look of the Mopar ones but damn! For a $1000 I can have custom ones made. Guess I'll wait it out. Thanks
Yea they are pricey, but super beefy. I would be sketched out with something that just mounted to the pinch seams. There’s not much structure there to hold on to

OP
OP

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have a set of the Rough Country Contoured steps sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, they curve with the body of the Gladiator. I would have them installed already if one of the eight brackets wasn't welded wrong. :( New bracket arrives Friday. If I remember, I'll post pictures of them after install showing how they align with the body. That gap would drive me crazy.
Please do

Braunsemail

First Name
Braun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler JK Unlimited
They are $$ but the rock slide power steps are built with the curve and fit great. I have a short wife and pick my mother up on a regular basis and the 12 inch drop in the step helps out with the lift and tires.

1D1167B0-C6F8-4A38-A49F-D6B8DD237607.jpeg

OP
OP

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went with the DV8. Will post pics after install. Says won’t ship till mid Feb.
Sponsored