First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I was throwing on the softtop and realized there was a gromit missing/warn out with a bit of fiberglass damage. Is there a link to this part and should I worry about repairing this section or leave it as it. It doesn’t leak.

D7499AEB-7C17-4708-8BC2-ACD6025815A8.jpeg

DD932153-26BA-46EA-9DA2-8361BB260B01.jpeg
Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I had a similar issues from the sunrider for hard top. Found it slowly digs into the hardtop in roughly the same spot.

I would do a simple repair. Use any epoxy resin like JB weld or even an actual fiberglass repair kit. An epoxy stick comes like a tube of clay, specifically designed for shaping. I prefer the more liquid resins in order to fill nooks/crannies better and lay down multiple thin layers for max strength. Get the shape close enough to original. Paint if you want but you wont see there. Finally, I bought some 3m clear bra roll off amazon for like $20 and put like 3 layers. Theoretically, the repaired section is stronger than the original.

OP
OP
f33d

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I had a similar issues from the sunrider for hard top. Found it slowly digs into the hardtop in roughly the same spot.

I would do a simple repair. Use any epoxy resin like JB weld or even an actual fiberglass repair kit. An epoxy stick comes like a tube of clay, specifically designed for shaping. I prefer the more liquid resins in order to fill nooks/crannies better and lay down multiple thin layers for max strength. Get the shape close enough to original. Paint if you want but you wont see there. Finally, I bought some 3m clear bra roll off amazon for like $20 and put like 3 layers. Theoretically, the repaired section is stronger than the original.
Figured as much. I was lurking around the JK forums and saw a lot of mentions of jb wield. I’ll prob grab some clear color and throw on it. It doesn’t affect it now but I’d rather get ahead of it. And as you stated it would arguably be stronger with the wield up front.
Sponsored