Sponsored

Has anyone had good luck with Superchips or is there better tuning software that provides actual hp gains?

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I can tune it, but you would have to buy an unlocked ECM package from HP. There are gains to be made but you will run better fuel and the shift tables will need work
This is exactly what I keep hearing, "I can tune it, but...." I'm fine with it the way it is.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I can get it tuned I just want people to know it will be an iterative process most the time because once the power is amped up the transmission tuning really reveals its flaws and trans feel is so subjective. I can tune it though and have. Currently I have 30 varients of software for the manual and automatic wrangler and JT. Running the range of gear and tire size.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I can get it tuned I just want people to know it will be an iterative process most the time because once the power is amped up the transmission tuning really reveals its flaws and trans feel is so subjective. I can tune it though and have. Currently I have 30 varients of software for the manual and automatic wrangler and JT. Running the range of gear and tire size.
Yeah this seems to be the only way to really tune these things. I had to tune my last track car this way with sending in the ECU and then hooking up my lap top to data log the car and change the tune 15-20 times to get it right because the first tune I got was garbage. The process was an absolute disaster with way too much down time.

I would much rather take the time to strap the truck to a dyno and custom tune it properly right off the bat. With all these stories of people losing their tune, transmission issues like you mentioned, and having to retune the truck multiple times, the result does not seem worth the effort.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have not had any issues "loosing a tune". I ran a loaded dyno to get the new MBT timing and variable cam setting on. 16 point curve based on the size of array they have for tuning these things. The rest of it iz driving and taking data, causeit is not a pit power it is about road manners. The stock throttle model, and shift schedule, is marginal at best. Add to that a half baked cam timing table and ignition timing tables and there is a fair bit of refinement to be had. I have stated before I am not selling my work, cause then the comments are more than a hobby. I think if you ask those I have assisted, they will tell you I am as responsive or better than companies that charge. I have thought about starting something as the number emails and phone conversations I have had would support a small business. I jave spoke with Jeep and Magnuson, but neither seem to want my help, no idea.
Sponsored