Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Intent and capability are two different things

I’m sure Jeep didn’t intend for my stock front suspension to suck. But it sure was capable of it. So much so that my two front shocks had been leaking due to busted seals. I’d wager the front springs are not rated to support the diesel. Again, not the intent to suck, but it sure did.
Sponsored

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
My Subaru Ascent isn’t a self driving vehicle either, but it will hold the stop indefinitely in ACC mode after coming to a stop, it is much more convenient. I also think that it’s an opportunity for a fender bender to come to a stop by itself and then start moving after 5 seconds without intervention (just my opinion )

In the Jeep a while back I came to a stop in ACC mode and then hit the brake before the 5 seconds were up, and then the auto stop start kicked in, my guess is that the reason Jeep AcC doesn’t hold the stop is related for auto stop start, maybe for fuel saving reasons

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My Subaru Ascent isn’t a self driving vehicle either, but it will hold the stop indefinitely in ACC mode after coming to a stop, it is much more convenient. I also think that it’s an opportunity for a fender bender to come to a stop by itself and then start moving after 5 seconds without intervention (just my opinion )
I agree!

In the Jeep a while back I came to a stop in ACC mode and then hit the brake before the 5 seconds were up, and then the auto stop start kicked in, my guess is that the reason Jeep AcC doesn’t hold the stop is related for auto stop start, maybe for fuel saving reasons
It could be. However, my old F-150 had their 3.0L diesel with ACC and auto stop Start, and would hold the brakes… even when the auto stop start activated.

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
I agree!

It could be. However, my old F-150 had their 3.0L diesel with ACC and auto stop Start, and would hold the brakes… even when the auto stop start activated.
Interesting, yeah I don’t know maybe not then. Agree it would be great for a mod to be able to change it.
I noticed on the Subaru that eventually it will engage the parking brake if stopped for a long period , I don’t know exactly if the stop mechanism is different but maybe has to do with a leak rate of the brakes themselves or ability to maintain pressure, where Jeep is afraid that the ACC mAy not be capable of keeping the vehicle stopped? Maybe some kind of liability thing

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Interesting, yeah I don’t know maybe not then. Agree it would be great for a mod to be able to change it.
I noticed on the Subaru that eventually it will engage the parking brake if stopped for a long period , I don’t know exactly if the stop mechanism is different but maybe has to do with a leak rate of the brakes themselves or ability to maintain pressure, where Jeep is afraid that the ACC mAy not be capable of keeping the vehicle stopped? Maybe some kind of liability thing
now that *is* an interesting point. My F-150 would also engage the electronic parking brake after a very long time of holding the brakes. By very long, I mean several minutes. Perhaps it is a brake pressure limitation and/or parking brake issue since it’s a manual lever actuated brake.

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
now that *is* an interesting point. My F-150 would also engage the electronic parking brake after a very long time of holding the brakes. By very long, I mean several minutes. Perhaps it is a brake pressure limitation and/or parking brake issue since it’s a manual lever actuated brake.
Yeah maybe it’s a mechanical thing. It should be able to last longer than 5 seconds though!!
Sponsored