Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I ended up getting the willys style grille last fall, it was much cheaper than all of the parts needed to do the individual grill like the Rubicon/Mojave and really, once you're inside the truck, you don't see it all the time so it's not so annoying. =oP
Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
If I just want to use the satin grill and keep my body colored trim pieces on the sides and bottom do I still need the 2 moldings you listed? I have a Sport model. Is it possible to just change the grill itself?
I noticed on their website they have a fourth molding. I have a sport with the one piece grill. I will have the other two moldings painted by my local shop. Do I need the fourth molding. Labeled number “8” in their graphic?

FE1188C4-56E3-4728-B176-62FB24F6F155.png

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
You don't HAVE to use the 3 trim pieces on a sport swap.

Check out a video on YouTube.

It'll show you your options.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
My channel shows it:
That shows swapping the grille with the three trim pieces. The other poster said the trim pieces are not necessary with a Sport swap. I don't see how this is possible.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I just installed it with the Willys grill that doesn't have multiple parts. It still looks awesome to me.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
That shows swapping the grille with the three trim pieces. The other poster said the trim pieces are not necessary with a Sport swap. I don't see how this is possible.
Well yeah, you can still technically install the satin grill on a sport s WITHOUT the 3 piece trim (there are you tubers out there that have done that), but I didn’t choose to.

As you know the grille clips are in the center and the top push pins. The trim isn’t needed for mounting the grille. However to me, it doesn’t look complete and the body lines don’t match up.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Well yeah, you can still technically install the satin grill on a sport s WITHOUT the 3 piece trim (there are you tubers out there that have done that), but I didn’t choose to.

As you know the grille clips are in the center and the top push pins. The trim isn’t needed for mounting the grille. However to me, it doesn’t look complete and the body lines don’t match up.
I actually found a video that shows it. I was under the impression that the trim pieces attached outside and around the grille. Not to it. That actually makes life a bit easier. I could get the satin grille and install it while I wait for the trim pieces to get painted. Now to get a quote on that.
Sponsored