FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Grille - PN 82216097
Molding 1 - PN 6BY76TZZAA
Molding 2 - PN 6CG98TZZAA
If I just want to use the satin grill and keep my body colored trim pieces on the sides and bottom do I still need the 2 moldings you listed? I have a Sport model. Is it possible to just change the grill itself?
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
If I just want to use the satin grill and keep my body colored trim pieces on the sides and bottom do I still need the 2 moldings you listed? I have a Sport model. Is it possible to just change the grill itself?
You can't since the sport grille is one piece. See my post above.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't since the sport grille is one piece. See my post above.
So the replacement grill isn’t a sport grill since it comes in 3, actually 4 parts? If I don’t mind replacing all of them I could order the parts listed and remove mine which you are saying is all 1 piece correct? Or I can’t change my grill at all period?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
The mopar satin black one is similar to the overland/Rubicon/Mojave, not one piece design like the sport. I'd recommend you go out and look at your sport grille, you'll see that the bottom trim pieces are all part of the main grille mould, ie not removable like the more expensive models.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So the replacement grill isn’t a sport grill since it comes in 3, actually 4 parts? If I don’t mind replacing all of them I could order the parts listed and remove mine which you are saying is all 1 piece correct? Or I can’t change my grill at all period?
You can swap, you just have to order the 3 pieces. Look at the second post in this thread from @TxGladiator you’ll see that he did that. Ordered 3 pieces and installed them on his Sport S

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I like the look of this including the black trim pieces... hmmm have think about maybe doing this myself

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can swap, you just have to order the 3 pieces. Look at the second post in this thread from @TxGladiator you’ll see that he did that. Ordered 3 pieces and installed them on his Sport S
Ahhhh,,,, I see now. Just checked mine out. Yup all 1 piece

300BF1D7-B7F1-4B7A-BE83-37D346F579FF.jpeg

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I’m at the dealership picking my truck but took a peek at a Willys. They have a one piece black grille.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Does the black satin grill come
With everything required to install? I ordered the black sport s grill which is 1 piece so I paint with regular paint instead of plasti dip. However, the grill doesn’t have the rubber seal on the top, doesn’t have the metal clips that push into lower section of the keep and doesn’t have the rubber parts on the top 2 out sides that goes over top of the headlight section. I assume I need all of that to install, can I remove and reuse those parts from my original grill? Didn’t realize this would be such a project. How does the satin black grill come?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the black satin grill come
With everything required to install? I ordered the black sport s grill which is 1 piece so I paint with regular paint instead of plasti dip. However, the grill doesn’t have the rubber seal on the top, doesn’t have the metal clips that push into lower section of the keep and doesn’t have the rubber parts on the top 2 out sides that goes over top of the headlight section. I assume I need all of that to install, can I remove and reuse those parts from my original grill? Didn’t realize this would be such a project. How does the satin black grill come?
you have to move over the rubber and the clips from your factory grill to the satin replacement. In addition you need to order the side and bottom pieces as well. My original grill was all one piece but the satin isn’t. The 2 side pieces come as 1 part number, the bottom is a different part number and the main grill is another. It’s a super easy project however.

Sponsored

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
you have to move over the rubber and the clips from your factory grill to the satin replacement. In addition you need to order the side and bottom pieces as well. My original grill was all one piece but the satin isn’t. The 2 side pieces come as 1 part number, the bottom is a different part number and the main grill is another. It’s a super easy project however.
So the clips just pull off and will go onto the new grill? Also, how does the rubber seal come off and get reinstalled?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the clips just pull off and will go onto the new grill? Also, how does the rubber seal come off and get reinstalled?
Yup. Clips pop off easy and the rubber comes off with the Christmas tree type pins. If you don’t have one of the forked removal tools now is the time to get one. Cheap and so much better than trying to use a flat blade screw driver. With the tool the pins and clips will all be reusable if you take your time

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok great! I have the tool for that.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I’m at the dealership picking my truck but took a peek at a Willys. They have a one piece black grille.
I was a little disappointed when I found this out on my Willys. I so much like the look of the body color surround. But the swap would be expensive. $395 for the satin grille plus the cost of the three surround pieces body colored or getting them painted. I've opted to get my Willys grille Line-X coated. Just don't like the piano black grille. Won't have the body color surround. But it won't be shiney.

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
This is what my black grille looks like from the dealer. I asked them to put it on when I picked up my new Gladiator and this is what I got. They also installed it for cost, no labor charge. Plus I got to keep the original grille in case I might want to change it back someday. Not a bad deal, looks great...
Jeep Gladiator Has anyone installed the Black Satin Grill on a Sport S IMG_2729
Sponsored