Sponsored

Have you heard of this? Anyone with a 2" Mopar lift.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
So I was told by the dealer today that the Mopar 2" lift kit is considered a performance part. Hence they said it was eligible for an additional Mopar warranty. 500 dollars more. Anybody been told that or heard of it? I would figure if it's dealer installed and it's a factory part it already under warranty.
Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
As far as I am aware the parts installed with the mopar lift are covered under the vehicles normal warranty timelines. I would assume they're trying to sell you additional coverage for these components.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer told me (although it wasn't specifically the lift kit) that MOPAR parts have 2 year warranty, or when installed, become part of the truck's remaining warranty.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
We have 4 Jeeps, three Gladiators and a Wrangler JL.

All 4 have Mopar 2" lift (not shown in my profile picture)

My dealer told me all 4 have full factory warranty and all 4 will be covered by the extended warranty to 100k miles because all kits were purchased from the dealership and were installed by the dealership.

$0 extra dollars paid.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
We have 4 Jeeps, three Gladiators and a Wrangler JL.

All 4 have Mopar 2" lift (not shown in my profile picture)

My dealer told me all 4 have full factory warranty and all 4 will be covered by the extended warranty to 100k miles because all kits were purchased from the dealership and were installed by the dealership.

$0 extra dollars paid.
+1 for this. I installed my lift myself, but my dealer confirmed it's covered under my factory warranty since it's a Mopar part. They've stood by their word on everything else I've ever needed from them.

Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
This applies as an extra charge for ā€˜liftsā€™ when you buy the Mopar extended warrant. As an owner with 25k on the odo after 1.5 years. I bit the bullet and purchased the extended piece of ā€˜mindā€™.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
+1 for this. I installed my lift myself, but my dealer confirmed it's covered under my factory warranty since it's a Mopar part. They've stood by their word on everything else I've ever needed from them.

That's interesting. I've always been under the impression that parts have to be installed by the dealer to be covered under warranty.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
That's interesting. I've always been under the impression that parts have to be installed by the dealer to be covered under warranty.
I thought so too. But so far, my dealer has stood behind their word. If they don't, they'll be my "former" dealer. Hopefully we don't have to go down that road.

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
we got charged $800 for the Jeep Wave extended warranty. The finance guy said it "had" to be there. We said, no, it doesn't. Take it off. He did but he moved it to the registration. What a douche. We said ok, it will just be send back in a credit form DMV. We called later to the GM and asked them to make sure he didn't move it back to the loan. HAHAHA, be careful. Read the fine print.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
The dealer may verbally tell you something, but unless they put it in writing, it usually doesn't mean too much.

Here is the actual warranty on Mopar parts:
https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/warranty/mopar_parts_accessories_warranty_statement.pdf
So based upon what I read. It's not a performance part. According to Mopar parts online and the part number given.
Edit:
MoparĀ® Performance Parts Beginning with ā€œ770ā€¦ā€
Mopar Basic Limited Warranty Except as noted below, MoparĀ® Performance Parts beginning with ā€œ770ā€¦ā€ installed by
an authorized FCA US LLC dealership or Studio, including Chrysler, Dodge, JeepĀ®
, Ram, FIATĀ®
and Alfa Romeo locations are
warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and
labor. Mopar parts sold wholesale to an automotive service facility and installed by a professional technician are warranted
against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts and up to $150.00
in labor. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or do-it-yourself
installation are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for
parts exchange only. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered
by the FCA US LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle
Basic Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-Month Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more
favorable to the customer. CUSTOMER MUST KEEP ORIGINAL RECEIPT
https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/77072399ae.html
Sponsored