Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Hello everyone,
Not sure where was the best place to introduce myself. Looking to start doing some offroading. Newbie on 4 wheels but not on motorcycling. I have zeroed in on Gladiator Rubicon. With a family, I think I need more space so it does best of both worlds well although a bit expensive. Heard some issues with engine misfire and HVAC but it seems most people may not be having these issues. Anyways, I am looking to lease and not sure what's the best way to proceed.
It seems tread lightly discount is for purchase only? Also, NorCal dealers are such rip offs and snobbish. I am hoping to find some dealers close to NorCal but it seems there is Rob in SoCal.
Anyone if they have leased, please let me know how to think about it if I need to order.

Happy to be here and can't wait to get started.
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Hello everyone,
Not sure where was the best place to introduce myself. Looking to start doing some offroading. Newbie on 4 wheels but not on motorcycling. I have zeroed in on Gladiator Rubicon. With a family, I think I need more space so it does best of both worlds well although a bit expensive. Heard some issues with engine misfire and HVAC but it seems most people may not be having these issues. Anyways, I am looking to lease and not sure what's the best way to proceed.
It seems tread lightly discount is for purchase only? Also, NorCal dealers are such rip offs and snobbish. I am hoping to find some dealers close to NorCal but it seems there is Rob in SoCal.
Anyone if they have leased, please let me know how to think about it if I need to order.

Tread Lightly is not for purchase only, you can use it on a lease. You just need to be a member for at least 30 days. I leased and went through Rob. It was pretty straight forward, although ask if you can have them skip the add-ons - something with making it shiny, and something else. I didn't realize that was part of the "deal" but still easy to work with. No regrets. I also custom ordered mine.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hello everyone,

I live in NorCal too and didn't find a reasonable deal until I spoke to the Gilroy dealership. Give Bryan Garcia a call. This is back last August when Gladiators were new, so things may be different now. The local dealer wanted 5% OVER MSRP... I told the local dealer that Gilroy offered 8% under MSRP delivered to my door. Local dealer said "sorry". Gilroy delivered my Gladiator to me in my driveway the very next day.

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Tread Lightly is not for purchase only, you can use it on a lease. You just need to be a member for at least 30 days. I leased and went through Rob. It was pretty straight forward, although ask if you can have them skip the add-ons - something with making it shiny, and something else. I didn't realize that was part of the "deal" but still easy to work with. No regrets. I also custom ordered mine.
Awesome tip on the extras. Don't want all that BS. He did mention that lease rate and residual will be determined at the time of lease signing. He did mention though that the purchase price will be fixed at the time of the order. Was that the case with you?

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I live in NorCal too and didn't find a reasonable deal until I spoke to the Gilroy dealership. Give Bryan Garcia a call. This is back last August when Gladiators were new, so things may be different now. The local dealer wanted 5% OVER MSRP... I told the local dealer that Gilroy offered 8% under MSRP delivered to my door. Local dealer said "sorry". Gilroy delivered my Gladiator to me in my driveway the very next day.
Awesome. That will save a lot of time. Will reach out to them. 8% below MSRP is quite below that should be close to 4% below invoice perhaps.
What color did you get?

Sponsored

Chadh1972

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL sport, 18 Tundra, 17 tacoma, 17 Mercedes GLC
Auburn Jeep gave me right about 8.5% off the MSRP and great value on my Tubdra. Lodi was close also.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Awesome tip on the extras. Don't want all that BS. He did mention that lease rate and residual will be determined at the time of lease signing. He did mention though that the purchase price will be fixed at the time of the order. Was that the case with you?
Yeah. I sent him the build I wanted, and he gave me the 5% below invoice. It didn’t budge after that. He sent me a copy of the order to double check everything before placing it. The rate and residual is variable depending on the day.
The local dealers wouldn’t budge, another texted back “No Thanks!”, and a third that I had been talking to a bit ghosted me when I asked if they would match.
Sponsored