First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
So i recently installed the front overhead molle panel. Love it btw.
I'm a tad concerned i messed up. to install it the clips that hold the freedom top in must be removed/ reinstalled. The bracket for the molle bolts into those 4 large t40 bolts that hold them in. Now the center of my freedom top on both sides pokes up not level with the rear. Car wash did have some water come in.

So i went home and tightened them down, being sure to push those plastic pieces as far down as i could. they are marked left and right, and i put left on drivers side and right on passenger side. They sit low on the outside edges(towards doors) and rise up slightly in the center. this got me thinking maybe i installed them backwards? do they angle like this /\ (mine look like this one currently) or like this \ / (i know its rough but you should get the idea)

Anyone have a pic of yours so i can verify mine? (the plastic bracket that the freedom top retainers latch on to above the speaker bar) Its a simple fix really. just don't want to take it all apart again, its 28 degrees out and you have to remove the panels to take the bolts out so yeah, kind of cold lol.

thanks for the info!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
thanks, I know how to remove the top.
My concern is that the pegs that retain the clamps in the rear I may have reinstalled wrong.
the top doesn’t line up right. Trying to figure if I did anything wrong.
Water came in at car wash, this hasn’t happened before. Not a lot of water. Enough to make me wonder.
Jeep Gladiator Help, freedom top concern IMG_8865

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My concern is that the pegs that retain the clamps in the rear I may have reinstalled wrong.
Water came in at car wash, this hasn’t happened before. Not a lot of water. Enough to make me wonder.
That's not good. Why did you remove them?

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
That's not good. Why did you remove them?
to install an overhead molle panel.

My guess is I just reinstalled the clamp pegs on the wrong sides. But it’s 27 degrees out and before I fix it I’d like to know if that’s the right fix lol.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Well something isn't right. Deductive reason would be either you installed it wrong or you bought a cheap China product that never will fit right.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Well something isn't right. Deductive reason would be either you installed it wrong or you bought a cheap China product that never will fit right.
the Molle panel fits perfectly. Like I’ve said a few times I’m thinking reinstalled the jeep clamps that the handles for the freedom top attach to backwards.
Just trying to see before I stand outside in 30 degree weather to fix it. I’d rather not waste another 30 mins to take it all apart if that’s not the problem.

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
23’ Diesel Rubicon Sarge Green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
So when I recently installed aftermarket clamps that hold the freedom panels down in a Wrangler, I believe right was driver side and left was passenger.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
So when I recently installed aftermarket clamps that hold the freedom panels down in a Wrangler, I believe right was driver side and left was passenger.
Thanks.
I did left drivers and right passenger. I noticed the sort of angle sounds like this may be the problem.

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
23’ Diesel Rubicon Sarge Green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks.
I did left drivers and right passenger. I noticed the sort of angle sounds like this may be the problem.
This was the video I followed.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I understood that.
I thought you'd be able to see how the retainer systems are installed in the video.
Sponsored