Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
There are 3 settings for the front turns that are configurable in the BCM that are set to Yes on factory LED trucks:

CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Front Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F25: Yes
CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Front Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F28: Yes
CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Front Turn Lamps Diagnostics: Yes

**only** trucks that came from the factory with LEDs up front have this set. If you add OEM LEDs to a truck that originally had halogen, you set these to No to kill the hyperflash/fast relay. If you add aftermarket LEDs to a truck that originally had LEDs, you also need them set to No.

The problem with some programmers is, they batch/macro things. So you set "LEDS On" and they turn on everything related including those diagnostics settings. The truck is expecting a reading that it is not getting.
I receive “build out” warning with led installed or non led (standard installed. Doesn’t matter which
There are 3 settings for the front turns that are configurable in the BCM that are set to Yes on factory LED trucks:

CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Front Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F25: Yes
CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Front Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F28: Yes
CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Front Turn Lamps Diagnostics: Yes

**only** trucks that came from the factory with LEDs up front have this set. If you add OEM LEDs to a truck that originally had halogen, you leave these set to No or you'll have hyperflash/bulb out errors. If you add aftermarket LEDs to a truck that originally had LEDs, you need to set them to No.

The problem with some programmers is, they batch/macro things. So you set "LEDS On" and they turn on everything related including those diagnostics settings. The truck is expecting a reading that it is not getting.
I noticed an option on the flash cal that says “reset module”. However, the instructions don’t reference that option at all and tech support won’t acknowledge me whatsoever. Any idea what they might mean by “reset module”?
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I receive “build out” warning with led installed or non led (standard installed. Doesn’t matter which
This makes me think you have those 3 settings set to Yes and that the Flashcal did it.

Can the Flashcal read back the system settings? Let me see if I can find docs on it....

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Jeep Gladiator Help with finding a relay. 1675185854000

"Vehicle Options" - does this report back a ton of things or just basic stuff like Tire Size?

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Jeep Gladiator Help with finding a relay. 1675185854000

"Vehicle Options" - does this report back a ton of things or just basic stuff like Tire Size?
Can’t remember. I think it’s basic info. I’m at work. I will take a look when I get home.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This thread is a good sales pitch for AlfaOBD to be honest. If you want to mess with stuff you need a real tool that can give you all of the info you need. Flashcal is $279 and doesn't have basic functionality that $50 AlfaOBD has.

Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Just because I didnt see it directly addressed, the relay is "On-Board" on the PDC (Power Distribution Center). It's part of the actual circuit board.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just because I didnt see it directly addressed, the relay is "On-Board" on the PDC (Power Distribution Center). It's part of the actual circuit board.
I believe that more than one relay is "down there" - is that not correct? Not all are plug-in on the top with the fuses if memory serves.

This thread is a good sales pitch for AlfaOBD to be honest. If you want to mess with stuff you need a real tool that can give you all of the info you need. Flashcal is $279 and doesn't have basic functionality that $50 AlfaOBD has.
Frankly I much prefer the more granular control of either AlfaOBD or JSCAN. Someone earlier said that some devices "bundle" things - one example is Tazer setting 2 or 3 settings when you want to install passive entry. The software you need to set/change each setting.
This lighting bit is likely the same - they say oh, you have LED, then you also need this and that set and they do it for you.
I prefer complete control over each individual setting - it's not as "convenient" and requires knowing each thing you must modify, but it gets you around the stuff you've laid out with modifications to the lighting system.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I believe that more than one relay is "down there" - is that not correct? Not all are plug-in on the top with the fuses if memory serves.

Frankly I much prefer the more granular control of either AlfaOBD or JSCAN. Someone earlier said that some devices "bundle" things - one example is Tazer setting 2 or 3 settings when you want to install passive entry. The software you need to set/change each setting.
This lighting bit is likely the same - they say oh, you have LED, then you also need this and that set and they do it for you.
I prefer complete control over each individual setting - it's not as "convenient" and requires knowing each thing you must modify, but it gets you around the stuff you've laid out with modifications to the lighting system.
Yeah, its about 50/50 on-board/replaceable
Sponsored