AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just had my first JT delivered yesterday. I am head over heels in love with this thing! I've had a couple JKU's in the past but I am madly in love with this truck! I traded in my 19' Tundra for it, as I wanted something a bit more fun for the family. My wife drives a Durango R/T so that is our primary family vehicle. We have 3 kids, ages 3 (almost 4), 2, and 5 weeks old. We've got our hands full! It was awesome to see how well all 3 car seats fit in the back! I struggled with this decision primarily due to the car seat situation but it worked out beautifully. Those of you with kids, if you have any interest, I can get you pictures of the car seat setup in case you're wondering if 3 car seats will fit.

Edit: Forgot to add, does anyone have recommendations on a module that eliminates the auto stop/start? I've used a Procal in the past for tires. Does anyone use this on the JT's? What are the best options?

Anyway, here is a picture of my Overland! I gotta think of a sexy name for her! ;)

Cheers,
Adrian

Jeep Gladiator Hey all! New here! IMG_1728
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum, and the JT world.

The Tazer JL Mini will do what you are wanting, plus a plethora of other features you never knew you needed, like tire size & TPMS adjustment, high beams with fogs, etc... :like:

SCMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep Wrangler, 15 Ram 1500
Nice jeep!
I'd like to see your backseat arrangement and hear your opinion coming from a full size. I have 3, 6, and 8 year olds and am worried about backseat space. I currently have a ram 1500 and a 97 wrangler. I'm contemplating selling both for a gladiator.
Thanks!

OP
OP

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Nice jeep!
I'd like to see your backseat arrangement and hear your opinion coming from a full size. I have 3, 6, and 8 year olds and am worried about backseat space. I currently have a ram 1500 and a 97 wrangler. I'm contemplating selling both for a gladiator.
Thanks!
Thanks! Iā€™ll attach a couple pictures of my backseat set up. Itā€™s tight but it works and I am extremely happy with it!

As stated, I came from a full size Tundra. I loved the Tundra but grew tired of how big it was. It had a lot of room, which was awesome, but it was almost unnecessary. Parking was annoying and honesty, the truck just had no soul. The fun factor in my Jeep far outweighs the space and power my Tundra offered. Those were my biggest concerns was going from a 400 HP full size truck to a 300 HP mid size truck. I thought Iā€™d miss the power but I havenā€™t even thought about it once. This Gladiator has plenty of power and driving it ā€œjust feels right.ā€ Iā€™ve always had Jeeps and since I got rid of my 2016 JKU a couple years ago, nothing else felt right. I love my Jeep!! I just hope it remains as reliable as my Tundra would have been.

Jeep Gladiator Hey all! New here! F4A050C5-8FE0-4CBE-AB4B-5521B4902277
Jeep Gladiator Hey all! New here! 54133195-769A-4B99-A224-9BC1AEE12FA2

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yeah, I have 4 boys. 14, 11, 7 and 7. We are good in the Gladiator.....granted... I got no wife so the 14 year old rides up front. :CWL:

Those are some happy kids for sure.

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
It looks like papa is not the only one who likes the new truck. What a great looking couple of kids.

Hey, on that stopping the ESS with the Taser Mini, I believe there are issues with that particular feature. Do some research on it. I have the Taser Mini and chose to not use the ESS reconfigure. because of the necessary compromises. But, I drive a manual transmission. If I hold in the clutch, the ESS will not engage. And I always hold in the clutch at a light.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
, I drive a manual transmission. If I hold in the clutch, the ESS will not engage. And I always hold in the clutch at a light.
Iā€™ve noticed if you crank the steering wheel left or right it also seems to block ESS engaging with clutch out and trans in neutral. Donā€™t know if that works for the auto trans.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve noticed if you crank the steering wheel left or right it also seems to block ESS engaging with clutch out and trans in neutral. Donā€™t know if that works for the auto trans.
Not sure but I've learned how to control it pretty good. If you don't mash the. Brake all the way in or as soon as you get a a complete stop you let off slightly it want engage. I can keep it from happening pretty much all the time unless I want it to. It does come in handy in bumper to bumper traffic when your stopped for 10 minutes or more, which happens quite often in my area because of all the road construction. If I let it engage I have noticed a slight gain in MPG compared to when I was just pressing the button and turning it off. I'm up closer to 19 now and was at around 18.3 before.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thanks! Iā€™ll attach a couple pictures of my backseat set up. Itā€™s tight but it works and I am extremely happy with it!

As stated, I came from a full size Tundra. I loved the Tundra but grew tired of how big it was. It had a lot of room, which was awesome, but it was almost unnecessary. Parking was annoying and honesty, the truck just had no soul. The fun factor in my Jeep far outweighs the space and power my Tundra offered. Those were my biggest concerns was going from a 400 HP full size truck to a 300 HP mid size truck. I thought Iā€™d miss the power but I havenā€™t even thought about it once. This Gladiator has plenty of power and driving it ā€œjust feels right.ā€ Iā€™ve always had Jeeps and since I got rid of my 2016 JKU a couple years ago, nothing else felt right. I love my Jeep!! I just hope it remains as reliable as my Tundra would have been.

Beautiful girls. Probably take after their mother. :)
Sponsored