Sponsored

Hidden/Buried features of the JT

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
From another thread courtesy Jake:

6BABCC17-14DF-410B-AE51-456B72480D78.jpeg

F188A3EB-5D5E-4566-9033-A16ADE21E8C2.jpeg
The second pic with the cap on the hook doesnā€™t work for me with the big fume blockers on the nozzles here. It invariably gets knocked off that hook and slaps the truck.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
The second pic with the cap on the hook doesnā€™t work for me with the big fume blockers on the nozzles here. It invariably gets knocked off that hook and slaps the truck.
Same

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
The spooky ghost noise when going in reverse is pretty cool :CWL:

But really... Iā€™m sure itā€™s not their intended purpose, but I use the rubber blocks that come with the Freedom panel bag to wedge the bag and panels into place in the bed. Keeps them from sliding around while driving.

The cutout in the center console to allow the phone cable to pass through is a good idea.

Found it a good idea to label on the door hinges which Torx to use, but found it odd it isnā€™t labeled anywhere else (that Iā€™ve found).

I really like that theyā€™ve integrated a drain hole in the sunk in portion for the windshield bolts. Thatā€™s a decent look for getting rid of standing water.

A feature I like in theory but dislike in practice is the phone holding slot between the cup holders. Itā€™s not deep enough and the phone just bounces around.

I donā€™t understand why the door locks are on the doors but the window controls are in the center stack. Why not just put a central lock by the window controls to keep it all in one place? AND cut the cost of an additional lock and more expensive doors. Surprised the bean movers didnā€™t voice on that one.

Iā€™ve got more, but Iā€™ll check in later.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
The spooky ghost noise when going in reverse is pretty cool :CWL:

But really... Iā€™m sure itā€™s not their intended purpose, but I use the rubber blocks that come with the Freedom panel bag to wedge the bag and panels into place in the bed. Keeps them from sliding around while driving.

The cutout in the center console to allow the phone cable to pass through is a good idea.

Found it a good idea to label on the door hinges which Torx to use, but found it odd it isnā€™t labeled anywhere else (that Iā€™ve found).

I really like that theyā€™ve integrated a drain hole in the sunk in portion for the windshield bolts. Thatā€™s a decent look for getting rid of standing water.

A feature I like in theory but dislike in practice is the phone holding slot between the cup holders. Itā€™s not deep enough and the phone just bounces around.

I donā€™t understand why the door locks are on the doors but the window controls are in the center stack. Why not just put a central lock by the window controls to keep it all in one place? AND cut the cost of an additional lock and more expensive doors. Surprised the bean movers didnā€™t voice on that one.

Iā€™ve got more, but Iā€™ll check in later.
That is not what the rubber blocks are for, they are for when you put the back part of the freedom top on the floor the front lower corner doesn't get chipped when the top rocks forward when you put it down.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
IF that is the slot I THINK you are talking about, the slot according to the dealer is for the key......... that's what he put there when demoing a vehicle and it was a PERFECT fit. Unless there's another - don't have mine yet.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That is not what the rubber blocks are for, they are for when you put the back part of the freedom top on the floor the front lower corner doesn't get chipped when the top rocks forward when you put it down.
So that's for the when you take the whole top off?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
IF that is the slot I THINK you are talking about, the slot according to the dealer is for the key......... that's what he put there when demoing a vehicle and it was a PERFECT fit. Unless there's another - don't have mine yet.
I honestly didnā€™t even think of that. I was told the slot was for the phone, but I like this use better!

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
That reverse noise!! I swear I thought I be the only one who hears it lol. The faster you go in reverse the louder the ghost gets lmao!!

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
That reverse noise!! I swear I thought I be the only one who hears it lol. The faster you go in reverse the louder the ghost gets lmao!!
I have certainly noticed it in many other vehicles as a mechanical noise from the gear cuts. In the Gladiator, however, it seems like an electrical interference through the speakers. It sounds like the classic spooky ghost that almost increases in pitch with the speed.

upload_2019-11-10_8-19-50.gif

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
I have certainly noticed it in many other vehicles as a mechanical noise from the gear cuts. In the Gladiator, however, it seems like an electrical interference through the speakers. It sounds like the classic spooky ghost that almost increases in pitch with the speed.

upload_2019-11-10_8-19-50.gif
Lol awesome gif!!!

I havenā€™t noticed it being electrical, Iā€™ll try to pay more attention next time lol

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
From another thread courtesy Jake:

6BABCC17-14DF-410B-AE51-456B72480D78.jpeg

F188A3EB-5D5E-4566-9033-A16ADE21E8C2.jpeg
Hopefully you can hang the cap in either one of the two shown options if a big fume blocker gets in the way. If that doesnā€™t work for you then I can only suggest that you either go to a different gas station that doesnā€™t have such big fume blockers or just cut the plastic wire that holds the cap in place and put the cap on the bed rail while you fill up and donā€™t forget to put the cap back on after filling up. I think Jeep did a great job of giving you 2 different ways to hang your cap while gassing up. My humble opinion.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
So I did and thought the same thing, but then I tried to put the key fob in that slot one day and it all clicked.
Sponsored