Sponsored

Hidden/Buried features of the JT

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you can hang the cap in either one of the two shown options if a big fume blocker gets in the way. If that doesn’t work for you then I can only suggest that you either go to a different gas station that doesn’t have such big fume blockers or just cut the plastic wire that holds the cap in place and put the cap on the bed rail while you fill up and don’t forget to put the cap back on after filling up. I think Jeep did a great job of giving you 2 different ways to hang your cap while gassing up. My humble opinion.
Yes, not a big deal to me. I was just noting the point. All the stations here have some large blocker of one form or other. I think it is an area thing due to EPA. Special gas blends are mandated for the counties surrounding Houston since we have polluted so much back in the 70s.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So I did and thought the same thing, but then I tried to put the key fob in that slot one day and it all clicked.
I also thought it was a phone holder, but wondered why it wasn't deeper. My phone fits just perfect, and doesn't move around. My FOB never leaves my pocket, so it all worked out good. It's not legal to even have the phone in your hand while driving here, so access to it is not an issue. Everything I need to see pops up on the Uconnect screen.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I also thought it was a phone holder, but wondered why it wasn't deeper. My phone fits just perfect, and doesn't move around. My FOB never leaves my pocket, so it all worked out good. It's not legal to even have the phone in your hand while driving here, so access to it is not an issue. Everything I need to see pops up on the Uconnect screen.
That's like me - why would I take the key out of my pocket and maybe leave it in the Jeep? The advantage of the system is that you don't have to have it in your hand or do anything with it physically. And my phone is always in my belt clip, I refuse to even touch it while driving so even without uconnect, people would just have to wait.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
From another thread courtesy Jake:

6BABCC17-14DF-410B-AE51-456B72480D78.jpeg

F188A3EB-5D5E-4566-9033-A16ADE21E8C2.jpeg
With the horrible California nozzles, I only tried the first version. Didn't even think of the second one. Just clipping the cable in works great.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
From another thread courtesy Jake:
6BABCC17-14DF-410B-AE51-456B72480D78.jpeg
While we are here...what the heck is that cryptic message on the back of the fuel filler door?

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
While we are here...what the heck is that cryptic message on the back of the fuel filler door?
When the fill completes wait 10 sec before removing filler nozzle. Fill fuel cans on the ground. No EA85. RTFM :CWL:

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When the fill completes wait 10 sec before removing filler nozzle.
OMG, this whole time I was looking at the photo backwards!!! I now see it. I was thinking the "filler neck" of the truck was the "HOSE" pare of then nozzle. I couldn't figure out why it was telling you to put it into the truck 10 seconds after.... SMH. Thanks! Yea the other ones were obvious..apparently I'm slower than most with pictographs.

#1 and #3 should be flipped so they actually represent the direction the actual nozzle is going...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When the fill completes wait 10 sec before removing filler nozzle. Fill fuel cans on the ground. No EA85. RTFM :CWL:
ROFLMAO - or is it DOH ?
Anyway, yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Now if they'd just GIVE US A MANUAL! Oh, wait - they do, if you ask for it.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
There is a setting the will show the current gear alongside the D in the dashboard.
I did this, I like it a bunch. Also reconfigured my whole top line of the cluster. Neat feature.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The spooky ghost noise when going in reverse is pretty cool :CWL:

But really... I’m sure it’s not their intended purpose, but I use the rubber blocks that come with the Freedom panel bag to wedge the bag and panels into place in the bed. Keeps them from sliding around while driving.

The cutout in the center console to allow the phone cable to pass through is a good idea.

Found it a good idea to label on the door hinges which Torx to use, but found it odd it isn’t labeled anywhere else (that I’ve found).

I really like that they’ve integrated a drain hole in the sunk in portion for the windshield bolts. That’s a decent look for getting rid of standing water.

A feature I like in theory but dislike in practice is the phone holding slot between the cup holders. It’s not deep enough and the phone just bounces around.

I don’t understand why the door locks are on the doors but the window controls are in the center stack. Why not just put a central lock by the window controls to keep it all in one place? AND cut the cost of an additional lock and more expensive doors. Surprised the bean movers didn’t voice on that one.

I’ve got more, but I’ll check in later.
that’s not a cell phone holder, it’s for the fob.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also reconfigured my whole top line of the cluster. Neat feature.
Ditto this!! Clock now center top of the cluster! The clock may or may not be on the infotainment system depending on mode/android auto/etc. I got tired of looking for the darn clock. I loved the fact I could put it there.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like that thing could charge a phone or power some other USB device with that USB output port.
I can also cable to a MP3 player or phone for input if not using bluetooth and you can charge it through that connector shown there. I might even have a transformer setup that would do it.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Looks like that thing could charge a phone or power some other USB device with that USB output port.
I can also cable to a MP3 player or phone for input if not using bluetooth and you can charge it through that connector shown there. I might even have a transformer setup that would do it.
That's what i was thinking looking at it. of course i didn't try it because i'm a knucklehead.
Sponsored