Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They've done that for years. I know a fellow who said he was saved by these records. He was facing big lawsuit as well as traffic violations - was accused of being the cause of an accident - of not stopping and of speeding and hitting him at an intersection. The other driver said he failed to stop or yield (I can't recall the exact details, the guy told me of this a few years back) The vehicles in this case only kept like the last few seconds of any given time-frame but he said the computer showed his speed and brake application and it was proven the OTHER driver was at fault. So while others complain, he was thrilled that since he'd done nothing wrong that technology proved it. Case dismissed.
This thing with the Jeep is not new at all - GPSs have done this for years - they know the area speed limits and obviously know how fast you are going - DUH - that's GPS. So even if they did NOT know the area speed limit - the GPS always knows how fast you are or were going.
In Korea they track your AVERAGE speed through some areas. You can go fast - just don't come off the other end of their tracking area before you should. They know how long it takes you to get from A to B if you follow the limits and they flag you going into that span and coming out and if you got to B too quickly, you will receive a citation. The result - not too many accidents and not too many traffic deaths and people are so used to it, it's no big deal. It's a "so what" thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Well it’s not a hidden feature but I noticed just today when I have my nav on, the indicated speed limit sign on the map
glows red when your clipping above the posted limit. It’s cool that my Jeep cares
about my safety & me not getting a talking to
by the local constabulary. :stop: :like:
If you have that icon on the shortcuts, it shows your compass direction.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
That is a good one, I have the dedicated backup camera soft button, but will have to give this a try.
Thanks form the tip.
Cheers

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I have the 7inch radio and found out by accident that if you double tap the mute button your backup cam will display until you double tap it again to turn it off. Great feature for towing.
Tried this on my LE, no dice.

Sponsored

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
As I recall my son's Compass and my wife's Grand Cherokee do that as well -her Jeep even bitches at her if she exceeds the speed limit - "The speed limit is fifty five miles per hour" and my wife just tells it "oh shut up".......
Same vocal notification is possible with the Jeep Gladiator. I usually reply: "Don’t worry chérie, I’m used to it!" but when my wife is driving it’s also something like "Shut up!"

My Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition let me choose at which speed I want to be notified (Nav app —> Nav settings —> Speed Limit —> Announce only when over by...) and it’s also where you can show/hide the limit on the map.

By the way, you are lucky... I took the time to set the display from French to English then back to French only for the picture!!!

5CA61236-229D-4247-BC1C-B83BE87E6644.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same vocal notification is possible with the Jeep Gladiator. I usually reply: "Don’t worry chérie, I’m used to it!" but when my wife is driving it’s also something like "Shut up!"

My Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition let me choose at which speed I want to be notified (Nav app —> Nav settings —> Speed Limit —> Announce only when over by...) and it’s also where you can show/hide the limit on the map.

By the way, you are lucky... I took the time to set the display from French to English then back to French only for the picture!!!

5CA61236-229D-4247-BC1C-B83BE87E6644.jpeg
My wife knows my need for speed so she asked if it was possible in the JT - and she found the setting and she made me set that in my NAV settings this week - 6 over, RATS!.

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Tried this on my LE, no dice.
Do you have the front camera too? Wonder if that would cause it not to work. My buddy with a sport s and 7 inch radio tried it and it worked for him. I have a pretty base rubicon so yours being an LE and possibly having the front camera is the only thing i can think why it wouldn’t work. Also you gotta double tap it really quick or it just mutes & unmutes your radio.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know how I missed this, as this is probably there for weeks...

Alone, in a corner, lost in a incommensurable crowd of automatically installed apps on my Apple Watch, I saw...

the Uconnect app!

EE9ED1A8-E04B-4B36-83F2-3140FEFF4EAF.png

A7D3F138-AC44-41C1-9CB5-334472BFD95F.png

27AF7C33-EDCB-4057-92BD-53DF73BDF593.png

2D91BD74-401D-4B51-B261-D72198186089.png

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Dont know if it qualifies as a "feature" since I have no idea what it is. But this nipple thingy.

Screenshot_20191129-091333_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Dont know if it qualifies as a "feature" since I have no idea what it is. But this nipple thingy.

Screenshot_20191129-091333_Gallery.jpg
That is the ambient light sensor for the Auto Lights function.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Anyone notice the hooks on the back of the seat that is used for plastic grocery bags so my oranges or beep don’t come rolling out?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice the hooks on the back of the seat that is used for plastic grocery bags so my oranges or beep don’t come rolling out?
Isn't that only on Rubicon - but for 99% here, yeah, they'll notice it.
Overland which was meant to be a family Jeep doesn't have those. That blew my mind - target people with a non-rock crawling version and you leave out the grocery getting features? I can see some of the other stuff but seems to me that my Jeep should have that and the others not.
I'd sure use them if mine had them.