First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
IT
Aint gonna lie. It would be interesting to see what another throttle body does, woth all the issues we have had.

These engines are starting to make me a tad frustrated, as it seems there are a number of parts that are different and have quality issues from truck to truck in the same model year. The thing that really gets my goat, is the parts are not broke they just don't run optimized. The owner gets some misfire, throttle bounce, and overall reduced power, but it is not entirely noticeable unless you drive it back to back with a good truck or log the data and know what to look for. I will get a number of guys that are over the moon with my tune offerings and then a guy will load the tune and I have to wonder did he actually load it on a jeep. Then I have to start doing math and sending revisions to figure out what part is causing the issue.

Sorry just had to rant.
I am that guy you have to wonder if he really loaded the tune. Dave has been patient and continues working with me on my rig as it seems to be a little bit off compared to others. Dave is the utmost professional and has been in constant contact with me as we try to sort out my weird issues. We have exchanged over 200 emails since I reached out to him. If you need tuning then Dave is the man.
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I am that guy you have to wonder if he really loaded the tune. Dave has been patient and continues working with me on my rig as it seems to be a little bit off compared to others. Dave is the utmost professional and has been in constant contact with me as we try to sort out my weird issues. We have exchanged over 200 emails since I reached out to him. If you need tuning then Dave is the man.
You aren't alone. Dave helped me sort out my issues to the point where I am happy with my current tune. My throttle body behavior is the final piece. It has always been a bit off.

Believe me, no more than a throttle body costs and as easy as they are to change, I would gladly replace it if it will resolve my issue. Hell, if there is even a chance it might.

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I noticed my brand new ~100miles ‘22 JT makes this exact noise under the same circumstances listed.

I first noticed it after disconnecting/ reconnecting the battery grounds while installing the trailer brake controller.

I suspect it always did this, and I just noticed it by coincidence now.

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
Hey all, just stumbled on this as my JT has done it since day one (2020 with just about 7,500 on it).

I added a pedal commander and noticed the noise got louder. Started really trying to find out what the issue is and this all makes sense now.
Sponsored