Homelink not working after rain storm

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Like a dummy I left my top down and some torrential showers came through. Removed the water and things are drying out.

HOWEVER An awful lot of water has come out of the visor above the driver seat where the home link button is to open the garage doors and garage door isn’t opening.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I expect It to work once things dry out? Or am I screwed?
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Anytime connections get wet, I hit them with some compressed air and hope. 50/50 chance.

OP
OP
TopOff

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Anytime connections get wet, I hit them with some compressed air and hope. 50/50 chance.
I’ll give it a shot. Not hopeful! It’s an odd set up to allow the visor to gather so much water inside. Never occurred to me that it was in danger in that spot. but I shouldn’t have left the top down

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
If that is the dumbest thing you do, consider yourself lucky

OP
OP
TopOff

TopOff

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Well, the visor with the Homelink buttons drained water (there seems to be a little drainage hole) for literally three days.... with the buttons not working at all. Then today... like Magic... the buttons started lighting up and working again. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
Sponsored