First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Where do I start this adventure, I guess a good place would be about six months ago. Around that time friends of mine who live in and around the Denver area told me they were once again going to Ouray. I said count me in being that last time we all got together was 2019. The dates were set and lodging was secured. Only problem was I had traded my 2014 Wrangler JKU for a Ram truck over Christmas. As luck would have it after owning the truck for about a month neither my wife or I liked the truck and missed the Wrangler. With her blessing I started searching for a Gladiator. I Finally found a Rubi in South Carolina that fit the bill except for color, we cant have it all sometimes. A deal was done over the phone along with trade. Two days later we walked into the dealership and an hour later we owned a 2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon Gladiator. I was happy.
Now on to the rest of the story........Plans were drawn out, lodging was made and we were all set. Now just sit back and wait for July 14, 2022. This would have made the 5th time being in Ouray and Wheeling with some of the best people in the world. All the plans we made came to a screeching halt on July 1 after my wife informed me that she didn't think it was a good idea to go right now. Fuel prices are out of control our retirement has taken a huge hit and not two weeks after we get home we have to go to Pennsylvania to get my daughter into her first year of college. needless to say I was pretty bummed out and reluctantly canceled the hotel and all our plans.
Eleven day later on 7-11-22 My wife and I were watching a movie and out of the blue she says "I want you to go to Ouray and have a great time". After picking myself up off the floor, I bolted out to the computer and as if by some miracle the KOA had one cabin available, and for all the days I needed. It was meant to be. Now I have two days to get everything ready, packed and loaded to leave on the 14th.
I will be posting updates from the road and Ouray. Stay tuned for more.
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again thumbnail_IMG_5702
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again Bville to Alma
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again Alma to Trinidad
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again Trinidad to Ouray

My old Wrangler going down the steps on Black Bear. Mine is the one at the rear.
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again LENOVO-LAPTOP - phd_back bear steps1 (2)
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Where do I start this adventure, I guess a good place would be about six months ago. Around that time friends of mine who live in and around the Denver area told me they were once again going to Ouray. I said count me in being that last time we all got together was 2019. The dates were set and lodging was secured. Only problem was I had traded my 2014 Wrangler JKU for a Ram truck over Christmas. As luck would have it after owning the truck for about a month neither my wife or I liked the truck and missed the Wrangler. With her blessing I started searching for a Gladiator. I Finally found a Rubi in South Carolina that fit the bill except for color, we cant have it all sometimes. A deal was done over the phone along with trade. Two days later we walked into the dealership and an hour later we owned a 2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon Gladiator. I was happy.
Now on to the rest of the story........Plans were drawn out, lodging was made and we were all set. Now just sit back and wait for July 14, 2022. This would have made the 5th time being in Ouray and Wheeling with some of the best people in the world. All the plans we made came to a screeching halt on July 1 after my wife informed me that she didn't think it was a good idea to go right now. Fuel prices are out of control our retirement has taken a huge hit and not two weeks after we get home we have to go to Pennsylvania to get my daughter into her first year of college. needless to say I was pretty bummed out and reluctantly canceled the hotel and all our plans.
Eleven day later on 7-11-22 My wife and I were watching a movie and out of the blue she says "I want you to go to Ouray and have a great time". After picking myself up off the floor, I bolted out to the computer and as if by some miracle the KOA had one cabin available, and for all the days I needed. It was meant to be. Now I have two days to get everything ready, packed and loaded to leave on the 14th.
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again LENOVO-LAPTOP - phd_back bear steps1 (2)

My old Wrangler going down the steps on Black Bear. Mine is the one at the rear.
I’ll have to live vicariously through you…so…make sure your camera’s are charged!

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Almost all the jeep is packed up except for suit case and a few small items.
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again thumbnail_IMG_5707
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again thumbnail_IMG_5708
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again thumbnail_IMG_5709
Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again thumbnail_IMG_5710

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Enjoy looking forward to updates!

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
So I know someone is going to ask what's the kitty litter for in the back? Well sit back and Ill tell ya. The cabin does not have a bathroom. So if you have to tinkle in the middle of the night you either tinkle out on the porch or go to the bath house. Very inconvenient. So what you do is, grab a bucket with a lid. Put a leak proof bag inside and kittle litter. Instant potty. next morning take bag out and dispose in dumpster.

Sponsored

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

I’ll be seeing you out there!! Heading out from SE PA on Thursday!!

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
I’ll be seeing you out there!! Heading out from SE PA on Thursday!!
I am leaving Thursday am. If you see me "Grumpy II" stop and say Hi. I am staying at the KOA.

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Did a similar trip with someone from GA, he always had to stop at a Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy, they are local to Oklahoma I think.

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
My daughter suggested that for the second night I stay in Santa Rosa NM. That's right on Route 66. There is a Route 66 auto museum there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
T-minus 16h 26m 25s

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
My daughter suggested that for the second night I stay in Santa Rosa NM. That's right on Route 66. There is a Route 66 auto museum there.
Enjoy the trip! This is the first summer in a long time we won’t be in CO.

PS if you stop in Santa Rosa, take a quick dip at Blue Hole. I did my advanced open water certification there.

OP
OP
wayned

wayned

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Enjoy the trip! This is the first summer in a long time we won’t be in CO.

PS if you stop in Santa Rosa, take a quick dip at Blue Hole. I did my advanced open water certification there.
If I have enough time I'll check it out. Thanks

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
We were there last year with our JLU Rubicon. Opened a few trails in June and had to turn around on a couple more because of the snow. We were supposed to go again in June of this year but our group fell apart.

Be safe and have fun! O|||||||O

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
From Charlotte I usually go through Great Sand Dunes NP via Medano Pass if staying in Trinidad. Fun little trail, not as spectacular as where your going but a fun little warm up with a lot of water crossings. Usually only adds a few hours to the trip. Also a little bit of distraction for those with a jeep addition in Saguache.

Jeep Gladiator Hooray for Ouray 2022. Here we go again junk
Sponsored