hot air coming from behind glove box

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
I’m having an issue when running the ac where every so often a surge of hot air comes into the cabin. It seems to be coming from the passenger side maybe glovebox area. Has anyone else seen this issue? It is almost like the recirculate button was pressed.
Tia
Sponsored

OP
OP

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Also the passenger floorboard is extremely hot to the touch.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having an issue when running the ac where every so often a surge of hot air comes into the cabin. It seems to be coming from the passenger side maybe glovebox area. Has anyone else seen this issue? It is almost like the recirculate button was pressed.
Tia
The system appears to periodically open the outside air vent when running with recirculation on. I assume it is to keep the inside air from becoming 'dangerous'.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also the passenger floorboard is extremely hot to the touch.
I've never touched it to find out, but would expect it to get quite warm. There's a lot of heat generated under the hood.

Sponsored

Deleted member 20081

Tia
I have had it also. It comes in waves. Like every twenty minutes

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Dealers will tell you nothings wrong supposed to do that, I call BS, just like the steering box, soon enough a TSB will come out and they'll have a fix for it,

What is "dangerous" air???

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers will tell you nothings wrong supposed to do that, I call BS, just like the steering box, soon enough a TSB will come out and they'll have a fix for it,

What is "dangerous" air???
As we breathe the air around us, we use the oxygen and replace it with carbon dioxide. In a closed cabin, with no replacement air from the outside, this can lead to a dangerous situation. Jeep has apparently programmed the system to periodically open the outside air vent under the dash. This seems to happen about every 40 minutes of continuous operation with recirc on. There are reports in other threads of those who have claimed to time how often it happens. Some think it is just a defect in the system. No official word from Jeep, so it is all speculation.

Deleted member 20081

So I posted on this in the other thread about ac. Jeep cares was supposed to expedite my case but my local dealer Safford of Warrenton apparently didn’t get the right message because when I got the truck back after two days they emailed the invoice (didn’t present it in person) showing the wrong description of the problem. They wrote that the Jeep would not cool down which is not what I told them nor what JeepCares wrote in their case as far as I know. So they Safford did nothing at all. I only have 6600 miles on my JT because of this issue and the steering wobble. They said they are only allowed to order two beer boxes a month so I am number four and won’t get the death wobble fixed until December. Garage for JT. so disappointed in this. I certainly won’t recommend Safford of Warrenton Va to anyone.

Deleted member 20081

So I posted on this in the other thread about ac. Jeep cares was supposed to expedite my case but my local dealer Safford of Warrenton apparently didn’t get the right message because when I got the truck back after two days they emailed the invoice (didn’t present it in person) showing the wrong description of the problem. They wrote that the Jeep would not cool down which is not what I told them nor what JeepCares wrote in their case as far as I know. So they Safford did nothing at all. I only have 6600 miles on my JT because of this issue and the steering wobble. They said they are only allowed to order two beer boxes a month so I am number four and won’t get the death wobble fixed until December. Garage for JT. so disappointed in this. I certainly won’t recommend Safford of Warrenton Va to anyone.

Sponsored

Deleted member 20081

Hate spell check. It is supposed to say gear boxes. Not beer boxes. maybe spell check likes beer

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @Cnv,

We are terribly sorry to learn that you've had a poor experience with your Jeep dealer. I would like to look into your case. can you please send our team a message with your case number or VIN?

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Deleted member 20081

Hi @Cnv,

We are terribly sorry to learn that you've had a poor experience with your Jeep dealer. I would like to look into your case. can you please send our team a message with your case number or VIN?

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thanks Darlene. They have that on file already and I have a Jeep Waves case number.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Darlene. They have that on file already and I have a Jeep Waves case number.
Thank you for following up with me. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM if you are in need of assistance getting contact with your case manager.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

BacchusGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
My 2021 has been intermittently releasing hot air on manual a/c with record OFF. My recirc has now been on for 1 hour without hot air…
Sponsored