How capable is a bone stock rubicon?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Love to see the ISTR on that one! Off the charts!
Once the top of the ISTR numerical scale is reached, there is a secondary "Prolapse" scale which measures protrusion and is articulated using the various characters of the alphabet. The Prolapse scale isn't reached until 2 or more tires have lost surface contact.
Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Once the top of the ISTR numerical scale is reached, there is a secondary "Prolapse" scale which measures protrusion and is articulated using the various characters of the alphabet. The Prolapse scale isn't reached until 2 or more tires have lost surface contact.
Prolapse.....lmmfao.

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
A stock rubi can do a hell of a lot, just reference break over and departure like others have said. Another thing to consider is if/when you decide to lift... don’t go low bid. A cheap lift can actually reduce how off road capable your Jeep is, let alone the on road experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Doesn’t open

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Still doesn’t work

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Damn, now I am really torn coming across this thread. We have a stock Rubicon for 3 weeks now and wife and I are debating on lift and 35” to have more trail capability here in AZ. While we’ve had zero issues at all on some moderate trails, we look forward to some more difficult obstacles. So far we’ve gotten a lot of opinions on going larger wheels and a good lift while reading some comments in here, this thing is fantastic right outta the box. Clearly I don’t see us climbing walls like Peter Parker đŸ˜đŸ‘đŸ»

Help me Obiwan !!!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I only ask because I believe they are quite capable. Trail rated. Able to run the rubicon trail stock (carefully) Right ? So why is everyone telling me oh you got to lift it run larger tires crazy suspension ? To really enjoy it off road. And a basic kit like a spacer lift won’t cut it? Still has the rubicon suspension right ? I kinda feel like there is a lotta hype to do after market stuff. Oh I get it though I have dumped a bunch of money inso far And am getting ready to do more.
short version

people dont know how to drive

people like big jeeps

you can do 90%+ of America in a stock Jeep if you arent deliberately seeking out the hardest line possible.

the vast majority of jeep owners on 40’s struggle to get through what coupd be done on 33’s with a good driver.
Sponsored