Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Cash, on the spot speaks volumes! :LOL: Having an 800+ credit score helps too, even though I didn't need them to run my credit. Pisses me off that dealers still put you through the grinder even when you're not trading in, nor financing! :facepalm:
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I simply put together the numbers from this site and sent them to my local dealer. If they do not accept them, I will go to TriCity. That is the great part of everyone putting their cards on the table.

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
I’m fortunate enough to be eligible to receive an employee discount 5% off invoice so no haggling necessary. Plus 25% off accessories which is nice and adds up in a hurry when there are so many goodies to add on. I kind of think the newness of the vehicle has died down and most people should be easily getting close to 5% under invoice. If it’s a few hundred dollars more vs some dealer hundreds of miles away who cares...but 5% under should be your offer and be willing to walk out without the vehicle. Of course not having a trade/financing makes things a lot cleaner. I think this is one of the vehicles in your life that will be an all time favorite.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I simply put together the numbers from this site and sent them to my local dealer. If they do not accept them, I will go to TriCity. That is the great part of everyone putting their cards on the table.
That is how I plan to go about it. If a local dealer responds then great...otherwise their loss and I make a trip to NC. All I will take is a YES or a close enough yes answer....do not intend to discuss further with dealers that say NO or almost worse ..insist on me coming or wanting to do the talk on the phone crap.

Right now, there is only one "local" dealer that has been mentioned as offering decent deals on these forums so I fully expect to be heading to NC.

Sponsored

ehnutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU
There are two dealers that have been spoken about on the forums that I have contacted personally that offer significant discounts. Peterson Dodge/Chyrsler/Jeep in Idaho (Kent) and TriCity in Eden, NC. Both of these dealers offer Invoice pricing minus holdback BUT you have to finance with them in order the the deal to work for them. They get a kick back after you finance. After a few months you can refinance to a lender of your liking with no penalty to either party. They will quote you another price without the financing but it is generally 1-2% higher. You can drive to these dealers and pick up your Gladiator when it arrives or you can have it shipped to your home town. These deals work out to be 10-14% below MSRP (ex $59,500 Jeep costs ~$52,300 + tax/title/document fee). Don't get screwed on the document fee. You can also use these dealers as leverage locally to see if your home town dealer will match or come close enough to make it work. In the past I have called the high volume low cost dealers and have them send me build sheets/order sheets so I have it on paper as i negotiate. Hope this helps.
Hope I don't sound stupid but how do you ask for this deal of 10 - 14 percent off MSRP? Do I just calculate and make an offer or is this their advertised price online?

Icebird1976

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 ZJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hope I don't sound stupid but how do you ask for this deal of 10 - 14 percent off MSRP? Do I just calculate and make an offer or is this their advertised price online?
Personally, I went through Tri City. The process was simple and straightforward. I emailed the sales manager, and expressed my interest in the forum discount deal. He explained the various discount parameters, and I sent him a spreadsheet of my particular build. He sent back a quote, complete with doc fees, dmv, and sales tax. Extremely simple and transparent. Couldn't be happier.

ehnutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU
Personally, I went through Tri City. The process was simple and straightforward. I emailed the sales manager, and expressed my interest in the forum discount deal. He explained the various discount parameters, and I sent him a spreadsheet of my particular build. He sent back a quote, complete with doc fees, dmv, and sales tax. Extremely simple and transparent. Couldn't be happier.
Awesome, I see you're from VA too. Thanks for the reply.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Emailed Mike Clinnin, Mall of Georgia mentioned this forum and he offered 5% under invoice plus $500 discount. Told him to send me an out the door price.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Emailed Mike Clinnin, Mall of Georgia mentioned this forum and he offered 5% under invoice plus $500 discount. Told him to send me an out the door price.
We're you able to stack tread lightly on top of the 5,% discount

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
We're you able to stack tread lightly on top of the 5,% discount
Yes. Reach out to him and tell him Brian Willemssen sent you

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I simply made a spreadsheet with build I wanted and then picked a few dealers...3 local, 1 about hour away and then Tri-City which is good 9-10 hours. I stated in the email that I know others around the country are getting good below invoice prices.

Got response from Tri-City with all the options described for getting up to 7% off invoice.

Got response from the dealer hour away with 4% under + quite a bit of "extra fees"...like 1k worth.

The other three provided what was clearly a auto-response...obvious no one even read or bothered to look at the attachments cause it was the usual...."We would love for you to come in, we are sure we can find a vehicle for you...." BS. So i was down to two dealers....I have family near Greensboro that I have been meaning to visit...

So I went with Tri-City. So far everything has been thru email...and prompt...only actual voice comm thus far was with lady that took the deposit.

Icebird1976

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 ZJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I simply made a spreadsheet with build I wanted and then picked a few dealers...3 local, 1 about hour away and then Tri-City which is good 9-10 hours. I stated in the email that I know others around the country are getting good below invoice prices.

Got response from Tri-City with all the options described for getting up to 7% off invoice.

Got response from the dealer hour away with 4% under + quite a bit of "extra fees"...like 1k worth.

The other three provided what was clearly a auto-response...obvious no one even read or bothered to look at the attachments cause it was the usual...."We would love for you to come in, we are sure we can find a vehicle for you...." BS. So i was down to two dealers....I have family near Greensboro that I have been meaning to visit...

So I went with Tri-City. So far everything has been thru email...and prompt...only actual voice comm thus far was with lady that took the deposit.
I had to laugh at some of the "extra fees." I drove 3 hours to Raleigh, NC to scope out their HUGE inventory of Gladiators. All colors and trims available at the time. I didn't mention Tri City's deal, but I had them do a quote for my particular build. DMV fees were $56 more than Tri City, and I had to seriously swallow a good laugh at the mandatory $199 wheel lock lugnuts. And when I asked the salesman about the black Friday employee discount pricing, he said that it's only $750 savings (doesn't sound like 5% to me). Doc fees were $200 more than Tri City also.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
I'll just add to what the others have contributed. I think ultimately it comes down to the dealer with the mentality of selling. Some dealers are high volume low cost dealerships and others may want to get everything they can for a popular model. The high volume dealers generally have some dedicated staff versed well in the advantages of discounts, future vehicle allotments, etc and it works for them. Example: Tri City has a point man we have discussed - Travis, Peterson Dodge Jeep in Idaho has a point man - Kent. These guys are good at what they do and they work the system to their and our advantage. Many times it requires you to finance through them to get maximum discount. You can get good deals at other dealers but there a few dealers that come out of the gate selling the vehicles with only a marginal mark up. Other places you'll most likely need to do your homework and provide documentation of other options before they concede any more than their usual. One last example: I had recently purchased four vehicles from a dealership over the past 5 years. I had befriended the sales manager 5 years ago and he priced matched a high volume dealership on day 1 and since that time he had done the same for the other 4 cars. This dealership was sold 9 months ago to a new group and my sales manager friend retired. When I approached the new sales manager what I would like to pay for the soon to be arriving Gladiator he very quickly responded he couldn't do that on such a "hot" vehicle. I could tell it wasn't going to be worth the energy. New owners and new mindset. I moved on and saved thousands.
Sponsored