First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had to laugh at some of the "extra fees." I drove 3 hours to Raleigh, NC to scope out their HUGE inventory of Gladiators. All colors and trims available at the time. I didn't mention Tri City's deal, but I had them do a quote for my particular build. DMV fees were $56 more than Tri City, and I had to seriously swallow a good laugh at the mandatory $199 wheel lock lugnuts. And when I asked the salesman about the black Friday employee discount pricing, he said that it's only $750 savings (doesn't sound like 5% to me). Doc fees were $200 more than Tri City also.
What got me was the three dealers that responded with the auto response and that's it. Have not heard a peep out of them.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
What got me was the three dealers that responded with the auto response and that's it. Have not heard a peep out of them.
You probably won't. Then all of a sudden every day you will get spam mail from them

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I mentioned my negotiation process in the thread I made when I bought my JT last week.
In case anyone was wondering what I did for such a deal, it was:
1. Black Friday
2. Already on the lot
3. Talked them down a good bit initially
4. Then intentionally got a loan for less than we agreed at the dealership to finance knowing I could cover the difference if they didn't cave.
5. Told them I could only finance for 3k under what I initially told them I could
6. They just kinda folded and sold it to me :)
So yeah basically as it says above, small black Friday sale already, negotiated about the features it had and I didn't necessarily want, asked for a mil discount. Then the 300IQ move was honestly following my old man's advice and getting a loan for less than the amount that I had agreed to finance at the dealership.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I mentioned my negotiation process in the thread I made when I bought my JT last week.

So yeah basically as it says above, small black Friday sale already, negotiated about the features it had and I didn't necessarily want, asked for a mil discount. Then the 300IQ move was honestly following my old man's advice and getting a loan for less than the amount that I had agreed to finance at the dealership.

Righteous.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Step 1: decide on interest in Gladiator (5 minutes)
Step 2: Had a local salesperson give me an overview of the rubicon (30 minutes)
Step 3: Did research on the forums: days, but fun
Step 4: Put spec together on order sheet (15 minutes)
Step 5: Submitted to local dealer and Spencer (10 minutes)
Step 6: Sent emails back and forth to local dealer (30 minutes over 5 days), got to dealer's rock bottom price
Step 7: Bought from Spencer (30 minutes)
Sponsored