How do Your Freedom Panels Fit?

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Me either, I think the difference is more of a high speed handling issue, at slow speeds, their is not much difference. But I grew up driving solid axle trucks, IFS was more of a sports car thing back then.
Cheers
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My only (minor) quality issue is the non-functioning high by ram switch, which will not stay in high beam mode when released. Dealer has parts on order, which have been pushed back from Nov 30 to Dc 30.
Cheers
My only minor problem is the factory headliner on the passenger side is not affixed on the left side and starting to droop ( quality control). Dealer suggest I wait for my first service and they will take care of it which I agreed with since they want it for the day. Then the notorious clicking in the engine, but it does seem not to be as loud as it was when first picked it up, now have 2000 miles on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My only minor problem is the factory headliner on the passenger side is not affixed on the left side and starting to droop ( quality control). Dealer suggest I wait for my first service and they will take care of it which I agreed with since they want it for the day. Then the notorious clicking in the engine, but it does seem not to be as loud as it was when first picked it up, now have 2000 miles on it.
If the ticking doesn't go away, try 5W30 oil...........

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
So the dealer was unable to resolve the alignment issue and referred me to their sister dealership about 30 minutes away that has a dedicated body shop. We have travel plans and decided to drop the Jeep off with them for the next week to resolve along with Jeep corporate.

Made the drive out intending to leave the keys and the body shop manager jumped in and got to work. He ripped off the plastic interior panel that can be seen at the top of the windshield and located the stopping tab to which the panel rests and locks to with the twist handle. Turns out the thing is slotted for up and down positioning. We spent about 5 minutes in the parking lot and everything is flush. I can now have normal volume conversations. For the first time I can hear my tires over wind noise. Iā€™d say <45 mph there is little to no wind noise. At about 70 mph or so, what once required 23ish on the volume now requires about 17 for the same song through CarPlay.

I feel silly that I didnā€™t resolve this myself, but I also wasnā€™t ready just yet to start taking apart panels for my $50k+ Jeep because someone got lazy on the assembly line. Glad it is resolved! I still have some fine tuning Iā€™d like to do, but Iā€™m happy.
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but my wife had a 2021 JL Unlimited built in October of 2020 and the first time we took the freedom panels off and back on I have the exact same problem mentioned here. The front corner of the driver panel sits higher than the passenger and the pin that drops into the white retainer is about a half inch from being fully seated correctly. Do you have any more info on how they fixed this? Gives me something to do while my Mojave gets built. šŸ˜
Sponsored