Sponsored

Where do you put your front Freedom Panels?

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Ok so I’m never taking off the rear panel, as I have no place to put it and the weather is always changing here. I have the Freedom Panel bag and have used it a couple of times and placed it in the backseat. What happens if I have more than 2 people riding with me? I could place it in the bed, but it will be all over the place. I’m installing a Fishbone half rack tomorrow. Has anyone found an adapter to secure them in the back?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The garage. It's a Jeep! When it rains, your wet.
Sorry, not here. You keep them with you. A year ago my wife and I had the panels out of my JT - we drove to Ames, a full hour away. It was a nice day, no forecast for rain for that afternoon.
We were in the alley behind the quilt shop my wife wanted to go to - talking on the phone to the lady who owned the store. The lady asked where we were. When she found out she started yelling for us to get out of there, FAST. Huge storm coming and coming FAST. Record rains and winds and people were being warned to take shelter.
I threw the panels back on and we got outta dodge fast. That was the derecho - the winds hit 140 in areas, 70-80 where we were. Torrential rains. Debris being tossed like kids' toys.
The story is here a dozen times - but suffice it to say we'd have been screwed, even injured, without those panels in the back of the truck (secured in place by straps so the bag couldn't move around)
It's not just a nice rain - it's hail, sleet, you name it. I put those panels back in in record time and we drove away fast.

I strap them in the back of the truck in the bag. Better they get damaged than us or the truck's interior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wageslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 GC Overland, '21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
If your under-seat cubby for the drivers side back seat is empty (or mostly empty), you can fold the drivers side rear seat bottom up, stand the bag upright inside the cubby, and use the two small sewn in loops on the bag to bungee cord the bag to the child safety seat mounts behind the seat. It holds tight enough to not shift around and doesnt block access to the other rear seat from the front. I think I used 24 inch bungee cords on mine.

This should still give you floorboard room on that side for stuff, and the passenger side seat is still available for a 3rd person/pet to ride. I don't have a tonneau cover, so this was the best way for me to keep the panels with me while keeping them locked up enough that they wouldn't just walk off.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
If I take mine off when I’m out and about, I put them in their storage bag and place that in the bed. I then use bungee straps to secure it from sliding around all over the place.

Last edited:

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Fishbone half rack as well. I really like it.
It has sections with bolts behind the hoop that is just behind the window and a similar section just in front of the last hoop by the tailgate. Also there is a triangle with a hole which looks to be designed for the hook of a bungie cord.
Jeep Gladiator Where do you put your front Freedom Panels? 1645491651594

I think you could lean the doors against the front of the bed, just behind the rear window and make a cross with properly sized bungie cords between these sections of the Fishbone rack and the rings at the floor of the bed.
Jeep Gladiator Where do you put your front Freedom Panels? 1645491776573

You could run the bungie cords through the two small loops at the top of the bag

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine in their bag, in the crawl space from spring through fall, replacing them with a sunrider during those months. I use my sunrider every day, but would almost never pull the freedom panels. Expensive, but wonderful.
Sponsored