HVAC Controls Swap with Issues

jnett

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone changed their Sport model AC controls, that came with the 5” radio, to a set of controls from a Sport S that had the radio knob? I upgraded to a 7” radio and later upgraded the AC controls so I could have a volume knob. It did require me to change it to dual zone with my Tazer but it appears I only have cold and hot settings for temperature. There is no ability to adjust the temp. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jnett

jnett

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Did you add the cabin temp sensor? IIRC you will not have any control over the temperature without that sensor.
Link to adding a cabin temp sensor
Gregj
I did not add the sensor. I’ve seen other post about it, but I just assumed it was for the automatic temp control. Didn’t realize I would need it if I was not using that feature.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
You also have to take your gladiator to the Dealer and have them update your HVAC module software or it won't work right.
There are many post on here of people (including myself) trying different stacks and settings. None of use were able to get it to work right. The only person I have ever talked to that got it to work right had his HVAC software update at the dealership.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I used JSCAN to change the settings on my JL and it works fine. Tazer can make the changes as well.
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
jnett

jnett

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You also have to take your gladiator to the Dealer and have them update your HVAC module software or it won't work right.
There are many post on here of people (including myself) trying different stacks and settings. None of use were able to get it to work right. The only person I have ever talked to that got it to work right had his HVAC software update at the dealership.
I saw a thread earlier from a year or so ago where you were dealing with this. Did you ever get it corrected so it works properly? I’m contemplating tossing in the towel on OEM and get the Stinger radio.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
I didn't, but only because I totalled that gladiator before the appointment at the dealer (literally 1 week before my appointment) to have my HVAC software updated.
I would have your software updated first and them go from there.
Also make sure you updated your radio software. There are other threads on how to do that. The newer radio software takes a lot of the glitches out of the radio.
I believe the key to getting these stacks to work is the HVAC software. You can also check what version software that module has using JSCAN.
The guy who updated his HVAC software has his working exactly how it should.
Sponsored