Sponsored

Issues with the audio/sirius XM

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
Folks, recently I've been experiencing the following:
1. The unit sometimes FREEZES where it doesn't respond to anything (volume won't change, can't change channel, if I put it into reverse the backup camera doesn't display). It stays like this for about 30 seconds and then reboots.
2. On sirius XM, there is a "favorites" function. You can set favorite artists/songs and if they are playing on any station, you get alerts. MANY times I get the alert, and when I try to open it, it says "No favorites are on-air".
3.I have had THIS a few times (siriusXM): I am playing a song, and it can be right in the middle. I change the station and then go BACK to that same station -- and it's a DIFFERENT song playing! I KNOW the original song had a minute or two left to play, but it's already in to ANOTHER song on that station.
4. I get intermittent "skips" on SiriusXM -- even IF I am in the clear with no obstructions to the sky. Never really used to do this. I think perhaps something is up with the buffer in the audio. Normally, it the signal is interrupted, it will still play when it gets back on the same "beats" (if that makes sense). For THIS when it happens, it actually skips and is "out of synch" with the beats -- like it jumps the song.
5. I am now getting issues with Android Auto saying "device not supported" and it will not charge the phone. This is the same phone I've been using since I've had the Jeep and this is just lately. I'm going to delete/reinstall Android auto to see if that helps.
6. There have been a FEW times where is says there is no USB device even though it is pretty much always installed on usb 3.

Any ideas? I am wondering if it just needs a firmware update or if this is a sign that it is crapping out and I need a new unit completely.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Favorites is a known issue. Someone reported there is an update coming to fix it.

Whenever I get the device not supported message, it is fixed by replacing the USB cable.

The SiriusXM issues could be due to your northern location.

There was a recall for a firmware update for the 8.4 Uconnect. Mine downloaded it automatically in July.

It is possible the unit is defective and needs replaced.

Reactions: jlg
OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
The Favorites is a known issue. Someone reported there is an update coming to fix it.

Whenever I get the device not supported message, it is fixed by replacing the USB cable.

The SiriusXM issues could be due to your northern location.

There was a recall for a firmware update for the 8.4 Uconnect. Mine downloaded it automatically in July.

It is possible the unit is defective and needs replaced.
Thanks -- I have a service coming up anyway, so I will certainly have them look into it.
Any dates for when the favorites fix will be available?
Is there a way to check the firmware version and when it was last updated? I'm in NY so it shouldn't be a big issues with XM radio. I've had it for years in other vehicles without this issue.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It could be an issue with the satellite antenna or the cabling. It is mounted on the roll bar above the speakers.
Sponsored