Sirius XM reception no good!..

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Comparing the reception in my TJ with the Grand Cherokee there is a major difference in reception. I believe it's the antennas the JT has a small antenna on the roll bar, the other has a shark fin on the roof. Better antenna better reception.
Assuming by TJ you mean JT. Better antenna (or placement of antenna) likely. But I can't get used to the look. Shark fin looks like a mohawk or wart, the antenna equivalent of a speed bump. Too conspicuous and it interrupts the clean roof line. There must be a better way to mount a functional satellite antenna with a lower profile.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Soft Top owner, no issues with reception.
I do believe that it is hard top related, as my JK with hard top had terrible Sirius reception.

Also, I've had XM, or Sirius since 2000. When your renewal comes up, just tell them to cancel it.
Be insistent that it be cancelled, and they will all of a sudden offer you 6 months for $30.
They do setup auto-renewal, which you can't turn off while in your online account.
I set a calendar reminder to call them and cancel, which nets another 6mo for $30

Been doing it for 20 years.
Why would a non-metal hard top matter? There's nothing to shield the signal.
The only time mine cuts out is when I'm in my garage (then I get it in spits and spurts) or in my lean-to - but then that's multiple layers of STEEL and down in a hole surrounded by trees.
I have a hard top and note no issues, not even driving through heavily wooded Iowa.
The top on these isn't even steel (it's more like fiberglass of plastic) so I can't see how it would block the signal.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
my JK works the same hard top or soft top. My JT works fine with a soft top. My F150 has the same issues with dropping that my JT does. My JK does not drop in that area. To me its radio related and not antenna.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My first Sirius car, an Infiniti sedan, had constant drops and I assumed it was my area, but my second one and every car after it has been great. The Gladiator Sirius works fine in the NC mountains with hardly any drops.

If anyone has a problem with constant drops then there's probably something wrong like bad antenna or connection to it, or receiver issue.

Awhitebuff

First Name
Buff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
SiriusXM quality is truly crap! Signal and drop outs are bad but the actual sound quality is complete junk! Hell even HD FM radio sounds far superior. Listen to any other source, USB MP3, Spotify, Bluetooth. They all sound better. I have had it on many different vehicles including motorcycles. There is no way I would pay for that service with the crap quality it offers.

Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I actually just canceled mine after the 1 year trial. It was my first experience and the sound quality is so bad that I couldn't see paying for it. I create playlists on thumb drives, sounds clear and great. Stereo is pretty good also.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
Just a thought/question. Does your Gladiator have anything on the roof? rack, tent or other? The antenna for the XM system is located on top of the roll bar - see this thread from @drewkillsit
Sponsored