First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Power is still good with the factory 3.73s. It still makes it into 8th gear on the highway. The rash rings are plastic and there are 3 colors for the new version. Red, White, and Black.
I thought the Rubicon is 4.1 and not 3.73?

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I hope you don’t mind but I made one of these photos my screen saver. It’ll have to do until my truck comes in.
The last one, right? That’s an awesome shot!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Why did you switch to a diesel and what are your plans for it, or is this just another build?
I’ve always wanted a Diesel Jeep. I didn’t realize how bad until I drove a customers JL with the diesel and 40” tires.
I absolutely loved my previous build but bad blood with a vendor and holes drilled all over the body for their parts made me want to sell it.

I have a set of Dynatrac 60/80 axles ordered for it that should be here sometime in January. I will likely be running a Rebel DSS setup up front, but other than that I’m really not sure which route I will be going for the rest of the parts.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve always wanted a Diesel Jeep. I didn’t realize how bad until I drove a customers JL with the diesel and 40” tires.
I absolutely loved my previous build but bad blood with a vendor and holes drilled all over the body for their parts made me want to sell it.

I have a set of Dynatrac 60/80 axles ordered for it that should be here sometime in January. I will likely be running a Rebel DSS setup up front, but other than that I’m really not sure which route I will be going for the rest of the parts.
You always put together beautiful builds, can't wait to see the transformation! I am contemplating a move to a diesel Gladiator.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

im surprised you opt for the rubicon package with the level of mods you guys do. Any particular reason?

what gearing did you pick for the axles?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
im surprised you opt for the rubicon package with the level of mods you guys do. Any particular reason?
The value of the take offs are usually about the same as the price difference from my experience(With all the options that matter to me.) And as dumb as it may be with most of the Rubicon parts off the name still holds better resale value than a Sport with the exact same mods.
Now if I didn't care about power windows/locks/upgraded radio/LED's etc a base Sport is where I would start. :beer:

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone building one right now that is going to replace most of the Rubicon parts, a diesel 80th Anniversary Edition might be the sweet spot. I think all of the diesels get the D44 front and rear axles, upgraded radio, windows, locks, etc. If you order the LED light package it comes with headlights, foglight, and drl/turn signal. About the only thing you can not option is the integrated front camera.

Had to update with correct information on the axles for the diesel. They are the M220 rear and M210 front but not the wide track axles.

Last edited: