Sponsored

I’ll be going to the Denver Auto Show on 03/28.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
Can you enjoy the truck, take it all in, and let us know your reactions? photos or videos are a plus too.
Absolutely. My expectations are pretty high so we'll see if it delivers.
While your snapping that shot, take closeups of the WELD points for the rear Wiper and the heating element ! We can compare it to the JL's which has had Problems coming undone - recall I believe !? Oh , how about a close up of the engine bay where the battery is - see /ask if there is room for a dual setup . . . maybe you can locate a booth for the GENESIS Dual Battery Kit ! Chat with them about it ! Fiddle with the windshield . . . see if it feels solid & secure - look for gaps between the molding and the frames ! Same for the Freedom Panels and the rubber molding up top ! These are all places members over at JL Forum are having issues with on their JL's . THANKS . . . oh, and try not to look to conspicuous !
;) . . . :headbang: :giggle: .
I'm pretty sure the truck doesn't have a rear wiper... I'll look for a heating element.

I'll try and get the other pics you asked for. It'll depend on whether its a "Do Not Touch Jeep" or I can actually sit in it and open it up.
Is the Gladiator confirmed to be there? I sent them an email asking but haven't heard back.
I also sent an email and haven't heard back. Although it doesn't show as a featured vehicle on the Denver Auto Show website, there are going to be two "booth's" for Jeep and being that a huge number of their buyers live in Colorado, I would imagine they wouldn't not bring their new toy
Hey Charlie thanks for the heads up. Please see my post from the bottom thread: Tape measure request.

Would be great if you could measure just this one thing for me. Thanks
I'll definitely try and get that for you if I can open up the Jeep. Already packing the tape measure.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I saw the gladiator last night, and posted some photos in the Atlanta thread. No rear wiper to be found.
That's good news -- one less thing to need to deal with ! Kinda makes sense now that I think more about it . . . I mean with the "pass-the-drinks" thru window slider !

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
can hold a babysitter as well
it has seating for 4+ driver. I'm sure a babysitter will fit. Check out the car seat situation though. =)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My overall impressions and excitement of the truck increased after I saw it in person at the show. I was sad they brought the most boring color, and that I couldn't touch it, or sit in it. But it was cool to see anyway. I will say that the pictures don't do it justice and it looks much cooler in person.

The Rubicon trim was the only truck there and the overall height and beefiness of it looked great. I will definitely be getting one in the future.

I am 6'3" and 230lbs and although I couldn't sit in the Gladiator, I sat in the Wrangler JL and fit perfectly. I had plenty of headroom. My brother owns a JL and he is 6'5" and probably close to 260-270lbs and he fits in his fine as well. I'm not sure what the problem is that other people are complaining it won't fit tall people. Maybe I suggest changing your seating position? I dunno, but I went there expecting to be hitting my head on the speaker bar. No such dilemma arose.

I did lean over the barrier and I did sneak onto the platform to geta plywood measurement. I have good news. a 4x8' sheet of plywood will fit. From the filler neck tunnel to the other side of the bed it was 53". You can all rest easy now.

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Land Rover Dormobile 200tdi
I'm headed out he door in few mins to head to the Denver Auto Show. I have to say that I don't understand some of the "velvet rope" around the new models attitude at this show. It's so late in the season that a few years ago one of the mfgs Kia? was showing off something... STAY BEHIND THE ROPE PLEASE.. and it was already at the local dealer. Excited to see a Gladiator in the flesh even if I can't touch it... or will I ?? ;)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm headed out he door in few mins to head to the Denver Auto Show. I have to say that I don't understand some of the "velvet rope" around the new models attitude at this show. It's so late in the season that a few years ago one of the mfgs Kia? was showing off something... STAY BEHIND THE ROPE PLEASE.. and it was already at the local dealer. Excited to see a Gladiator in the flesh even if I can't touch it... or will I ?? ;)
Hope not to late to ask, Could you check about and see if any 3rd-party Company is showing their JT Products - not Mopar !
In particular items like . . . Caps, Tonneau's, Bed Racks ! Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You for sure gotta touch it. Her explanation was that they only have a couple of Gladiators to take to the shows and don't have any replacements because they just started production on them. If one were to get damaged they wouldn't want to display it at a future show. She says they only allow people to get in them at the major Auto Shows, LA, Detroit, etc...

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope not to late to ask, Could you check about and see if any 3rd-party Company is showing their JT Products - not Mopar !
There are no companies showing anything extra for the JT. It's a "small" show unfortunately.

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do.. Plan to take plenty of pictures.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Will do.. Plan to take plenty of pictures.
Aparently it's a "small show," says Charlie ^^^ ? Try and take pics that haven't been done 100 times already - getting a bit boringly-frustrating . . . or is it . . . Frustratingly-boring ?
How about a shot from the vantage point of your feet looking back under the driver & passenger seat - look for hot & cold running water pipes or wiring for "hot-seats" -- careful, don't get electrocuted ! :LOL: :clap: .
Oh, Measure the Rear Seat Cushion From front to back -- I'm guessing ~20" ? Hoping it's more for possible short term sleeping arrangements ! :like: .

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took some pix, none as good as what Charlie took, so I won't bore anyone with them. My quick review of the Denver Auto Show... It was like going to an automotive strip club. You can look... but don't touch. Was happy to see the Gladiator but was VERY underwhelmed by everything else at the show. Nothing that made me say "wow!" A touch jaded perhaps from living in the City and having so many different dealerships close by, but didn't see a single thing that i couldn't have seen a local dealership and taken for a test drive.
Sponsored