Sponsored

"I didn't know Jeep made a pickup"

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
OK that's fair I thought the same thing and hesitated on "post reply" button. :). Always good to promote discussion though. Gladiator is certainly the most interesting pickup of 2020, hard to argue against that. But the core F150, Silverado, RAM 1500 half tons are the definition of pickup. Two out of those three I have also owned in the past. If I had to buy a full size today it would be RAM (the one I haven't owned yet).
If there's a truck in the midsize class that's more truck-like than the Gladiator, I'd like to see it. The JT out-specs them all.

As far as the "I didn't know Jeep made a pickup" comment...just wait OP, you'll hear a lot better ones than that! I had a woman tell me that she couldn't believe I cut up a perfectly good Wrangler. :facepalm:

When I was trading in my Ram 1500, I was comparing the JT to it. It wasn’t really fair since one is a full size and the other is midsize. But I think that’s what most people will compare. They really need to put the JT’s next to the midsize trucks so people will more naturally compare apples to apples.
Sponsored

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Nothing bad about that. They are the modern equivalent of those cars. They were a 1st class comfort in the day and the Ram was the easiest, smoothest driving vehicle, I have ever owned. Really was nothing it could not do well. In fact so much so, for a car guy like me, it ended up bumming me out, because I found it hard to make it my own without taking away from the excellent design that was already there. Guess I was just not ready to be that hands off:)
I've had a couple of Rams. Last was a 2014. Nice and comfortable, but it seems like I was getting recall notices every couple of weeks.! My wife said "RAM" stood for Recall A Month. My last two recall notices did not even have a fix yet!! I got my last recall notice in the mail one day after I sold my truck a couple of months ago. I hope I don't have the same problem with my JT.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
To me, the new Ram 1/2 ton trucks look more like a SUV, than a truck, inside and out! I started driving trucks in the 60’s (54 Chevy 1/2 ton) and later Dodges in the 70s for work, while they were more comfortable on dirt or poorly paved back roads than the sedans the county was using, they still looked and worked like a truck. The only car that worked on those back roads equally to a truck, was my 48 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe, that was more Jeep than it was a car, with a rigid knee action front axle, that took anything you threw at it.
Cheers
Sponsored