I just love my F'ing truck

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have owned a few jeeps in the past (89' XJ Comanche, 94' XJ Cherokee 2 door, 98' XJ Cherokee 4 door) and have owned a few trucks also ('81 F100, '04 F150, '08 F150) and thought I had all of that out of my system. I was driving a '17 Subaru Forester, a perfectly serviceable appliance that got me from here to there. Then, last year, I started to notice the Gladiator and felt a familiar tug on my psyche. "NO, no, no, I do NOT need another truck. Subie is great on gas and comfortable. it's trouble free and almost paid for." Then, I saw a JT in Snazzberry and the hunt was on. I scoured the dealer websites and only one could be found anywhere near Columbus. A High Altitude Edition for some ungodly price. Nope. A week later, the same dealer showed one "in transit", the Willies Edition, with some good rebate numbers. I drove a similar Willies on January 2nd, the dealer made some numbers look pretty, and I bought mine sight unseen.

OP
OP

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
LOLOL! My bro and I quote that almost every time we get together. GET OUTTA HERE LOCK NESS MONSTA!

AlxCZ

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Artist
Just gotta say it. I love it. I love driving top down, country roads, good tunes, while rowing my own. I love throwing whatever in the bed and getting it to where I need. I love towing our scout camp trailer without concern. I love the jeep community. I love being able to turn my own wrench.. Yes, there are issues (#MT), wants (#towingcpacity), and dreams (#NAv8), but man...I have not had a vehicle i have felt a more visceral connection. I love my JT. Cheers to us, and those like us.
I am 65 and have had three Jeeps two Fj Cruisers and I had to get the Gladiator,...happiness

Sponsored

psyvad

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V
I let my wife trade in my Ram Rebel on hot JL high altitude. At the time I was certain that I was ok with my car until my TRX got delivered. About 2 weeks later I got word that my TRX order was canceled. I was completely gutted. I told my wife that I have to have a truck, and she agreed. The hunt began.
I went to the Toyota dealership and drove a Tacoma TRD Pro, and I loved it. I called my wife and told her. She told me that I had to drive another mid size truck before I bought the Taco so I could have something to compare it to. There is a Jeep dealer right down the road from the Toyota dealership so I went there. I drove a JT Mojave and nearly instantly hated it. The ride seemed harsh and it just felt bad to me. I was about to leave and I saw my gator JT rubicon sitting there. I asked if I could drive it. The salesman told me that if I didn't like the Mojave that I was unlikely to like the rubicon. He was right, I didn't like the rubicon, I loved it. I bought the truck and named it Taco John. That was in November. Since then I have sold my Subaru WRX STi because I only wanted to ever drive my truck. I no longer miss the Ram, I really love having a smaller truck now, and I am tossing a supercharger on it next week which will go a ways toward making it a scale model of the TRX that Mopar canceled my order on.
TL;DR: I love my gator rubicon!
Thank you for sharing your ride impressions of the Mojave. I love the look of the Mojave and brought my wife to the Jeep dealer for a test drive. It seemed like we could feel almost every bump in the road during the short drive. My wife said it hurt her back and did not want to go on any more Gladiator test drives. This was a big surprise to me because I had watched several Mojave video reviews and none said anything about harsh road manners. I figured my test drive vehicle must have had a bad suspension or over inflated tires, so went back to the dealer by myself to drive different Mojave and experienced the same stiff ride. Next I tried a Sport S and a Rubicon. Both had a much better/softer on road ride, with the Rubicon the best of all. A few weeks later I went to a different dealer to compare the Sport S and Rubicon rides. Again the Rubicon felt the best. I don't know if I would ever use the front locker or disconnect the sway bar, but I ordered a Rubicon because it had the best ride.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I thought the S gave me the best road manners with the more street oriented tires versus the Rubicon tire.

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Thank you for sharing your ride impressions of the Mojave. I love the look of the Mojave and brought my wife to the Jeep dealer for a test drive. It seemed like we could feel almost every bump in the road during the short drive. My wife said it hurt her back and did not want to go on any more Gladiator test drives. This was a big surprise to me because I had watched several Mojave video reviews and none said anything about harsh road manners. I figured my test drive vehicle must have had a bad suspension or over inflated tires, so went back to the dealer by myself to drive different Mojave and experienced the same stiff ride. Next I tried a Sport S and a Rubicon. Both had a much better/softer on road ride, with the Rubicon the best of all. A few weeks later I went to a different dealer to compare the Sport S and Rubicon rides. Again the Rubicon felt the best. I don't know if I would ever use the front locker or disconnect the sway bar, but I ordered a Rubicon because it had the best ride.
Yep, this was exactly my experience, and I was also surprised at how stiff the Mojave suspension felt to me. Now, having had my Gladiator for a while I am glad that Jeep went as far as they did with all the different trims and options so that they can be discernable differences between these trucks. If you are willing to put in the time to drive a few of them, odds are you can find the one for you and it may not be the one you thought it would be. I can honestly say that I will probably not be using the front locker (I will use the rear for sure) but I got the one I wanted, and I love this truck.

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
Dang I didn't realize the ride in my mojave was so terrible. I rented a Rubi for a weekend in Arizona and then test drove a Mojave about a week later. Received it about 3 weeks after that. Been driving it a week now. Maybe I'm not that tuned in but I never felt this shock and awe. I think the Mojave feels solid and not mushy for sure. Nor should it be. Curious now to drive one right after the other

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I almost made a thread with similar sentiments. I have owned a new Mustang GT, new F150 Lariat and some other vehicles over the years. Nothing has the awesome factor that this thing does. Whole family loves it. Just did our second off-road adventure today in less than a month.

Jeep Gladiator I just love my F'ing truck 45AD0941-68D4-44A3-9E15-AE07FD09FCBD

Jeep Gladiator I just love my F'ing truck 45AD0941-68D4-44A3-9E15-AE07FD09FCBD
What part of TN you in? Nemo in pics?

Sponsored

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
What part of TN you in? Nemo in pics?
Yes this is Nemo. Anyone in the area should check this place out. Nice trails and the tunnel is really something unique. Another forum member here actually told me about it. I’m more towards Chattanooga, but it was worth the drive.

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Dang I didn't realize the ride in my mojave was so terrible. I rented a Rubi for a weekend in Arizona and then test drove a Mojave about a week later. Received it about 3 weeks after that. Been driving it a week now. Maybe I'm not that tuned in but I never felt this shock and awe. I think the Mojave feels solid and not mushy for sure. Nor should it be. Curious now to drive one right after the other
I must say, the above statements are purely my opinion. I also have a bad back from years of carrying too heavy rucksacks and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes (that is subjective, I did not see the Air Force maintenance logs). If you <3 your Mojave, you are entitled to the feeling of joy that it brings to you. When I drove one it made me wince and made my back hurt so I bought a different truck. We all are tuned in to different things, and that was my takeaway, but it sounds like the Mojave was just right for you and that is great news!

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
I must say, the above statements are purely my opinion. I also have a bad back from years of carrying too heavy rucksacks and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes (that is subjective, I did not see the Air Force maintenance logs). If you <3 your Mojave, you are entitled to the feeling of joy that it brings to you. When I drove one it made me wince and made my back hurt so I bought a different truck. We all are tuned in to different things, and that was my takeaway, but it sounds like the Mojave was just right for you and that is great news!
Yea all good. I take no offense at all. I was more curious about such a drastic difference between hating one and actually buying the other. Wondering how many others did a direct comparison. Mine was a week apart and I wasn't really thinking about it.

gitnit

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
equipment operator
Just gotta say it. I love it. I love driving top down, country roads, good tunes, while rowing my own. I love throwing whatever in the bed and getting it to where I need. I love towing our scout camp trailer without concern. I love the jeep community. I love being able to turn my own wrench.. Yes, there are issues (#MT), wants (#towingcpacity), and dreams (#NAv8), but man...I have not had a vehicle i have felt a more visceral connection. I love my JT. Cheers to us, and those like us.
I'm with you there!