Sponsored

Icon 1.375 rear spacer question

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Can someone please help? These instructions do not mention loosening the rear upper and lower control arm bolts to lower axle and remove the rear coils. Is this correct? Can you remove those rear springs without loosening the rear upper and lower control arm bolts?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I put in .75 rear spacers, I did the one wheel off at a time method, front was very easy for the rear I used a 2x4 for leverage to force the axle down to insert the spacer. I did not remove the track bar or control arms.

OP
OP

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put in .75 rear spacers, I did the one wheel off at a time method, front was very easy for the rear I used a 2x4 for leverage to force the axle down to insert the spacer. I did not remove the track bar or control arms.
Thanks for your response, so you didn't loosen the control arms on the rear either ?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
No, you don't need to loosen the control arms just the rear track bar and sway bar links and the shocks, drop the axle and the springs will come right out. Jack stands and 2 floor jacks are your friend, but you can do it with one floor also.

OP
OP

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay. Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I just jacked up one wheel at a time, put a jack stand under the frame then took the one wheel off and lowered the axle down with the wheel still on the other side on the ground. It is a good idea to loosen the control arm and track bar bolts so they are not in a bind at the new height. Retorque them once back on the wheels.

OP
OP

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just jacked up one wheel at a time, put a jack stand under the frame then took the one wheel off and lowered the axle down with the wheel still on the other side on the ground. It is a good idea to loosen the control arm and track bar bolts so they are not in a bind at the new height. Retorque them once back on the wheels.
Very helpful, thank you

Reactions: Mac

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Jack's stands under frame. Take off shock lower bolts, sway bar links and lower axle with Jack.

OP
OP

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)