Sponsored

If I cancel Sirius, what (besides music) will be affected?

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I don't have guardian or travel link that I know of, only xm radio. I can remote start so what do I know about what I have. Thanks for that info. Is the remote start that you are talking about from the key fob or from a third party like Onstar? I declined to activate these services at the time of purchase. The salesman was guiding me through the setup and I just said skip it. The xm was already working so when it came time to renew, they offered it for $60 and it renewed again for $60 for the next year.

I guess I don't understand how it all works like the OP.
If you mean remote start from the app on your phone - that's Guardian (like Onstar)and it's a paid service. From the key fob - that's nothing you need to subscribe to, just the same as pushing the remote to lock/unlock, you just have to be "in range" of the fob.

With the app you can remote start from anywhere, like waiting for your bags at the airport while your Jeep is parked in the lot so it's warm when you get there.
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
If it takes offroad pages and the apps icon several minutes to appear after covered parking, why is this happening? Is it because I have a subscription to guardian? Is it activated for a period of time but
If you mean remote start from the app on your phone - that's Guardian (like Onstar)and it's a paid service. From the key fob - that's nothing you need to subscribe to, just the same as pushing the remote to lock/unlock, you just have to be "in range" of the fob.

With the app you can remote start from anywhere, like waiting for your bags at the airport while your Jeep is parked in the lot so it's warm when you get there.
Never tried to start from an app. So that is part of Guardian? That is what I declined to activate when purchasing. I was looking at my list of features and saw it was only for a year and the travel link was for 5 years. Travel link and travel service are listed separately. I'm not even sure if I have that activated.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
If it takes offroad pages and the apps icon several minutes to appear after covered parking, why is this happening? Is it because I have a subscription to guardian? Is it activated for a period of time but
No, ORP has nothing to do with Uconnect, Guardian or Sirius - it's just an app installed on the head unit. I don't know why it would take long to load, other than maybe it's waiting for a GPS signal since it does have some Lat/Long functionality built in.

Never tried to start from an app. So that is part of Guardian? That is what I declined to activate when purchasing. I was looking at my list of features and saw it was only for a year and the travel link was for 5 years. Travel link and travel service are listed separately. I'm not even sure if I have that activated.
Yes, remote start via the app is Guardian. The only way to tell if you have it is to install the app, link it to your VIN and see if you get the lock/unlock/start features. If you don't, then Guardian is not active. Since you have a 2020 and chose not to activate it, I'm going to guess you don't have it.

NCIC105

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
I've got a question that I just can't find a definitive answer to, so I figured I'll toss it out to the experts here. If I cancel Sirius radio in my Gladiator, what (besides music) will be affected? Does Sirius provide the basis for my navigation, weather, POI etc, or is that imbedded in the vehicle radio? I talked to Sirius radio this morning and they have absolutely no clue what services they're connected to, and neither does the dealer I talked to. If this is obvious, forgive the question, but I need to know before I make a move to cancel.
Sirius customer service is a joke. They don’t even know what services they provide. We only kept the music. Everything else was dropped on my 2018 Rubicon Wrangler. I have all they offer on my 2022 Rubicon Gladiator.
Sponsored