Sponsored

If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I actually love my sport hood for these trucks. I’m probably in the minority there though. The Mojave one makes it seem like what’s underneath should be pushing 400+ hp. Just doesn’t match in my opinion. The Rubicon hood belongs on the Rubicon, period.

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_7919
Sponsored

CJ99x

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Technology Field
One can simply pop the hood insulation on a Mojave and take out the filler and have a functioning vent while offroad and still protect the engine bay. You also have a higher deck height of the hood to not create so much soak while moving slow and the scoop opened up will push the air through the compartment just be sure to carry a furnace filter to put over the front of the scoop grill to cut down on the dust if on a dusty trail. The others I believe you can't.
Mojave hood for me.

Ozian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just for something different, how about the export Rubicon hood (this is my Australian 2020 Rubicon). It’s steel instead of aluminium, different vents than the US Rubicon and the bulge is kind of profiled like the Mojave, but not quite as high and no inlet scoop. :like:

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 77554092-3EA1-4B7C-8996-979298149A35

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I really like my Rubi hood. That being said, I get hella glare off of the hood while driving into the sun. There are many hood wraps, but I have my eye on the Cascadia hood solar panel. The one shown below, "

"he Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ hard-mounts to the hood of your Jeep and, during daylight hours, provides a constant flow of clean solar energy to your primary or secondary vehicle batteries. This gives you the ability to run 12V accessories like fridges, phone/laptop chargers, lights, power inverters etc. without the need to start your engine and without the fear of draining your battery and leaving you stranded. The VSS System™ is completely plug-and-play if paired with our optional MPPT solar charge controller and can be installed in as little as 1.5 hours.

We chose the most stable and durable multilayered semi-flexible solar panel construction available to ensure that these solar panels can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free, for years."

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683360203646

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683360682812

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683360779863

The Rubicon model provides 30 watts of power, but due to the shape of the hood and you're limited to the size of the panel. If you have a Sport hood, the model below provides 85 watts of power. Either way, though the one designed for the sport hood would provide better glare resistance since it covers the main portion of the hood that you can see from the driver's seat.

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683361210379

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683361229909

With regard to the Mohave hood. I've seen many YT videos where the owner's comment on having issues seeing the trail for tire placement due to the hood sitting significantly higher. It's not just the front scoop. The hood is higher from the cowl to the front of the hood. Additionally, unless you have a 392 JL, the scoop on the Mohave is ornamental. Without any function...it kind of kills the cool factor for me especially since it gets in the way. Yep, I know what those looking for an argument will say...the Rubicon hood is ornamental as well. Tru, but I didn't have a choice.

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1683363103846
Sponsored

Last edited: