Sponsored

If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'll add some louvers to my Sport hood, I can't seem to get a clear consensus which is the favorite from this thread.
Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1620274501603

but no black, all red
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonny A

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I think I'll add some louvers to my Sport hood, I can't seem to get a clear consensus which is the favorite from this thread.
What ever is your favorite, is the best for you. I always liked the Rubicon one.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Sport hood (I just *want* a Mojave... maybe after the lease is up on the sport s)

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Same, this is my living room:
Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? 1620274501603

I have 9 other planted tanks through the house and my back room at work. I like wood grips on my 1911s, and the plastic bumpers on my Gladiator are one of the only major changes I'll make. It's just a feel thing. By the way, if you ever want any cuttings, let me know. I have some pretty rare aquarium plants.

I understand and agree with the sentiment but for someone keen on appearance I would think you would take the time to properly route the TV wires through the wall. ;)

I love the Mojave hood. I don't care that the scoop isn't functional and I am okay with that because the whole thing is created as one piece from the factory. That's how I differentiate it from the fake stick on scoops the ricer crowd uses. That said, I do plan to make it functional at some point.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I like the clean, simple, no frill lines of the Sport hood. I've tried to build my truck like that too with subtle mods and a clean look

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I understand and agree with the sentiment but for someone keen on appearance I would think you would take the time to properly route the TV wires through the wall. ;)

I love the Mojave hood. I don't care that the scoop isn't functional and I am okay with that because the whole thing is created as one piece from the factory. That's how I differentiate it from the fake stick on scoops the ricer crowd uses. That said, I do plan to make it functional at some point.
TV on outside wall with dense insulation and vapor barrier - I'd have to open up the wall to get wires through. How do I know? I've tried. I've wired houses and commercial buildings and this house is the most difficult I've seen to fish wires through. But the guy I bought from was a contractor, he built it for himself. Anyone who has ever worked on it cusses and swears because if 4 nails would have held something, he used 7. Floor joists - 12" centers.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
TV on outside wall with dense insulation and vapor barrier - I'd have to open up the wall to get wires through. How do I know? I've tried. I've wired houses and commercial buildings and this house is the most difficult I've seen to fish wires through. But the guy I bought from was a contractor, he built it for himself. Anyone who has ever worked on it cusses and swears because if 4 nails would have held something, he used 7. Floor joists - 12" centers.

Haha understood and hopefully it came across as tongue in cheek.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mojave, can be made functional but more importantly “Steel is Real” no acorn or hickory nut dents from living in the woods , my 2017 F-250 company truck and wifes 2019 JL both have dents. Plus I like the looks I get when people see it on the road , cause they all think it is just for high speed desert running!…..Jack
Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? EDB08464-2D57-4641-B0FB-3CB696524ECA

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Haha understood and hopefully it came across as tongue in cheek.
Yes, I knew you were ribbing him - but my wife would have not been kidding, she'd have nailed him for those wires. She really watches when I install anything with wires!

Sponsored

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD

30 years ago, I installed alarm systems as a professional. Hiding wires was a skill I acquired. They'd call me out to projects in San Marino, Hollywood, Malibu. Outside walls are tough. But one can simply notch the drywall or sheetrock, and imbed the wires. Paste/spackle the drywall, sand and resand the crap out of it, and repaint.

Did it lots of times. If the customer has the bread, make it happen.

The caveat is:. Alarm wires are low voltage. A/C wires is a different legal and safe animal. You'd be better off hiring a certified electrician and have an outlet placed behind the TV. Along with a Cat 5 and whatever you need for internet access.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
30 years ago, I installed alarm systems as a professional. Hiding wires was a skill I acquired. They'd call me out to projects in San Marino, Hollywood, Malibu. Outside walls are tough. But one can simply notch the drywall or sheetrock, and imbed the wires. Paste/spackle the drywall, sand and resand the crap out of it, and repaint.
I don't know what sort of wall finishes are used out there, but here, they are often textured, and trying to match a texture done years ago - NOT easy.

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what sort of wall finishes are used out there, but here, they are often textured, and trying to match a texture done years ago - NOT easy.
True. Definitely.

The big money had deep wallets. Because labor time gets pricey. They just don't want to see wires, or being able to notice the hidden ones. Some homes were lathe and plaster. Now, that was work.

Bottom line; If it were my house, I hide wire in the wall 100 percent.
Especially if it keeps the wife happy.

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw, as for the OP. I do love my Mojave's hood. It is visually appealing.

But if I were to crawl my JT hard, and lift it and go with 37's to 40's, the Mojave hood does limit visibility.
Sponsored