Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Sounds like you are surprised at what you bought.
You did test drive before you bought I hope?
At that time you should have discovered the power.
Many vehicles have problems even when not that old.
Look at all the gadgetry in them now.
These are relatively new with some teething issues.
You are correct, Jeep’s are not for everyone.
I'd be disappointed too if my new vehicle, whether it's a Jeep or a Toyota, that had electrical gremlins and especially leaks. There's no excuse for leaks. That's just terrible. This is my 1st jeep and I love it. But if I had his problems, this would be my last.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I custom ordered after spending a couple months mulling over the options. After a year of ownership, I will say that I don't have a regret on a single checkbox either way.

There were certain things I knew I would have the motivation to one day do myself, and certain things I didn't want to mess with. So it's a personal choice.

For example, the aux package was a no brainer because it's so cheap to have all that wiring ready to go. Or me getting a Rubicon because I don't have a need to do a suspension. The 1 inch lift and 33s are good enough for me. Even the ATs are perfect. I didn't want the MTs. Tow package was another cheap no brainer.

I went with black fenders because of how easy they are to one day replace. same with the front bumper, I went standard. I love the saddle leather seats on hydro blue. I have no regrets on any of it.

I think the only mistake I made was with financing. In the heat of the moment, sitting in the chair, I went with a 5 year financing just to have the option for monthly lower payments, even though I plan on paying it off in 2 or 3 years. I could have had a 3 year no interest, but then it would have made the price tag go up by $1,000. The interest is going to be a little more that, so I would have been better off with the no interest at the higher price tag. But this was the ONE surprise at the dealer that I was not prepared for. I've been over paying for a year straight, so the interest is just a waste of money.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I'd have custom ordered my Gladiator and waited.

Then possibly, I would have gone with just the Mopar lift and called it a day.

EDIT: Hardtop!!! The soft top is too damn loud, especially at highway speed (80 mph).

Last edited:

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
Front Trail Cam. Have nearly everything else... that Camera isn't easy to add. There's a few aftermarket options that aren't as good for the $500 factory one.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'd be disappointed too if my new vehicle, whether it's a Jeep or a Toyota, that had electrical gremlins and especially leaks. There's no excuse for leaks. That's just terrible. This is my 1st jeep and I love it. But if I had his problems, this would be my last.
All vehicles over time develop issues. I'd be more upset if the dealers don't take care of the issues under warranty.

DJPodratz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Bought a basic Sport model. Only upgrades were a hard top, leather seats, a tonneau cover and an engine block heater.

I love the manual x-mission and crank windows.

Not even sure it is an option without going to power windows, but the manual door locks are a pain. Hard to reach, and why do I have to carry around the gigantic fob when I need a key to open the door.

Not worth the price to get power windows, but if I could get power door locks only, I would. Otherwise, I love my plain Vlad the Glad.

Jeep Gladiator If you could do it over - What would you change? 65246474261__8FFE364F-1DE1-4960-ABB1-DB3ECA286C0A 2.JPG

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Upgraded light package. The stock headlights are absolutely horrible. Like... "are my headlights even on?" horrible.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
I would have not gotten Billet Silver! I didn't want white/black/red and the only other color manual the dealer had was billet silver...... I am in love with sting grey. I hate the seriousness of the silver. I want an accent color!

YoBub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I drove off the lot within 2 hours of first seeing and gricing the Gladiator, so I didn't spend much time thinking about it, which is exceptionally rare for me. If I had it to do over, I would only make a couple of minor changes. I probably would have bought blue or black instead of the graphite or whatever color I have, and I would have gotten the LED headlights instead of the standard. I bought the 80th-anniversary edition and the package is perfect but didn't want to shop around. I might have also gotten the max tow, but that is even questionable.

Sponsored

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
As the title says - If you could redo your purchase - what would you change?

To answer my own question - I wish I would have gotten the Diesel. Strictly for the torque and economy. I'm not unhappy with the V6 gasser (Livernois has a great tune!), however with the Banks tuner or potential upcoming tune from GDE I wish I would have gotten my truck with the different power plant.

How about you?
Bought mine off the lot. Not many choices. However got all that i wanted except proximity key and most importantly limited slip. Have already slid twice on turns on wet roads. Maybe it's the terrible
Bridgestones.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
So I let my wife take the JTO to work the other day, and was already home when she came driving up... DAYUMMM! that stingray still looks sweet.
If I could do it over, I would buy a Gecko Mojave, same setup that I have, plus proximity sensors.
My JTO has most everything else.
Maybe I should just buy a second ?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
All vehicles over time develop issues. I'd be more upset if the dealers don't take care of the issues under warranty.
Sorry, but that's no excuse for leaky window. Come on, it's 2021, they should be able make non leaky windows. I don't think that is a very high bar to start with.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl, Jeep Wrangler TJ, CJ5
I got a 2021 bare bones base model with the only option being tinted windows on the soft top. It’s a second vehicle, but I enjoy it all the time.
The only changes I would have made would be the Diesel engine, and the bed liner. Diesel being most important and the bed liner, because you can’t use the bed without it. Jeeps price on the liner is fair too
Sponsored