Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
How difficult were the proximity locks to add? I was debating installing the drivers door kit. This is my biggest regret...
Tedious but not difficult. If you are cool popping door cards it's fairly easy.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I wouldn’t say I’m 100% dissatisfied. I’m just saying if I had to do over I would have bought another vehicle. It’s my first Jeep, I like it because it’s different. I’ve enjoyed driving it on the beach and in the snow. I’m just use to driving chargers and challengers, going fast. I think if the gladiator had a v8 option it would be the perfect vehicle. I’ve also had some electrical issues and leak issues which have bothered me. I don’t think jeeps are for everyone.
Sounds like you are surprised at what you bought.
You did test drive before you bought I hope?
At that time you should have discovered the power.
Many vehicles have problems even when not that old.
Look at all the gadgetry in them now.
These are relatively new with some teething issues.
You are correct, Jeep’s are not for everyone.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I probably would have gone for the Mohave rather than the Overland.

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
LOL... I love all the options with my current Rubicon. I would not change that. I would propably still struggle with diesel or gasser. Took me a long time to pick the gasser. Second time, I'd say 51/49 gasser or maybe 50/50? I really want the diesel but worry about reliability and dealing with DEF.

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
I would’ve purchased a used one with low miles instead of a brand new one.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Regrets no would I change anything! I did my homework, read forums and watch way too many YouTube videos.
Do your research before you buy and if you did it right you will never regret your decision.

Base w/ Max tow by the way......

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Never mind the countless JL/JLU/JT owners who share the same complaints I had in my old JKU, right? At most, the only halogen defense I've heard is "they're okay".

You're literally the only person I've seen claim that all of these other claims are completely unwarranted.

It's also not a matter of looking more modern, it's a matter of safety, as mentioned in my original post.
At this point in time, you wouldn't think LEDs would have to be a upgrade, I have not fact checked this, but JEEP has to be one of the very few holdouts even offering halogen lighting on a new vehicle anymore. Although I do see a lot of hybrid setups that use LED low beam and halogen high beams.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm glad that you don't base your personal vehicle decisions off of my daughter, but the fact that it's even a thought is coming off a little sketch. Has Chris Hansen ever suggested you have a seat over there?

Why would I troll the GLB forums for vehicles I wish I own when I already own said vehicle? At this point you're just being obtuse, but I'm not sure it's intentional.
A healthy debate is good and can be informative... Everybody knows the benefits of LEDs and most of us have had challenges when dealing with halogens. With that said, it's easier to be a dick to prove a point than it is it to change or make forward progress... LET THE OTHER GUY be the dick.

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
At this point in time, you wouldn't think LEDs would have to be a upgrade, I have not fact checked this, but JEEP has to be one of the very few holdouts even offering halogen lighting on a new vehicle anymore. Although I do see a lot of hybrid setups that use LED low beam and halogen high beams.
Toyota also sells vehicles with halogen headlights.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Toyota also sells vehicles with halogen headlights.
I'm sure a few manufacturers still do , but mainly utility style vehicles. Toyota has a huge recall on their Halogen headlamp models , specifically related to the halogen headlight.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
I wish I did the Mopar 2” lift out the gate. Trial and error though. I’ll get it when the time is right.

Jeep Gladiator If you could do it over - What would you change? DA967EE4-C09E-40F1-9789-160481C971D4
Sponsored