Sponsored

Would you buy a base gladiator if you couldnt do any mods?

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Huh haven’t read the thread start to finish yet but in the spirit of the question could I buy and mod say a base Bronco or say Tacoma? A base Ranger might be a few G$ less so then I could afford a modest wheels and lift package.
Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
The only way I would buy a pure base model is if I was going to modify it as a full blown dedicated trail/ over landing rig because I knew I was going to replace every stock component regardless. Anybody who says they like the looks of these trucks in stock form save for the Rubi or Mojave are lying to themselves.
Lol calm down man 😛 I was super stoked on the Gladiator first time I saw one, and it was a sport. I didn’t even know these existed until I started shopping tacos. Put any truck next to a highly moded version of same it will probably look inferior but sorta the point.

PaJeeper

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator sport s non max tow
Occupation
Steel worker
Lol calm down man 😛 I was super stoked on the Gladiator first time I saw one, and it was a sport. I didn’t even know these existed until I started shopping tacos. Put any truck next to a highly moded version of same it will probably look inferior but sorta the point.

They are just the most oddly proportioned trucks stock they just look goofy for lack of a better term in purely stock form. I also was between the taco and the gladiator but I’m a big guy and the taco just wasn’t comfortable. Personally I wouldn’t buy any model if I didn’t intend to modify it. Rubi and Mojave look much better stock but still not fantastic. I cringed every time I looked at mine stock til I finally got everything in and had time to work on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The only way I would buy a pure base model is if I was going to modify it as a full blown dedicated trail/ over landing rig because I knew I was going to replace every stock component regardless. Anybody who says they like the looks of these trucks in stock form save for the Rubi or Mojave are lying to themselves.
So now I'm a liar?
Sorry, just because YOU have such strong hate for the stock looks doesn't mean others do.
Come here and look around. Most Wranglers and Gladiators around here are not heavily modified.
To be totally honest, I dislike the looks of a lifted vehicle just to lift it, and bloated fat tires that look too big for the wheels.........40" tires on 17" wheels is way out of proportion, too much black.

I loved the stock Overland wheels so much - I kept them and bought a 5th Overland wheel.
The only interior changes are the cool blue aluminum knob rings I installed. Stock seats, stock MOPAR slush mats.

PaJeeper

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator sport s non max tow
Occupation
Steel worker
So now I'm a liar?
Sorry, just because YOU have such strong hate for the stock looks doesn't mean others do.
Come here and look around. Most Wranglers and Gladiators around here are not heavily modified.
To be totally honest, I dislike the looks of a lifted vehicle just to lift it, and bloated fat tires that look too big for the wheels.........40" tires on 17" wheels is way out of proportion, too much black.

I loved the stock Overland wheels so much - I kept them and bought a 5th Overland wheel.
The only interior changes are the cool blue aluminum knob rings I installed. Stock seats, stock MOPAR slush mats.
And the origin post was about a bone stock base model, not overland. That was my point, glad you like your overland(definitely not bone stock base model) my point was if I planned on replacing everything and making it a trailered to the trail pure trail/ over landing rig then thats what I would buy.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Lol, let me clarify the question. You have to buy a base and no mods allowed. That's the only option till the wheels fall off. So basically, I'm asking how many people would still buy it?
No

While I liked those couple weeks I had with my Sport S completely stock, it's not worth the "Jeep" things even a stock one has to keep it showroom

If I wanted a stock truck, i'd buy a Ram or an F150

Rc328

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Occupation
Eng
I got a sport with max tow. Already have a teraflex leveling kit, 17x10 with 35 , rock sliders and bed cover,

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
if i just needed a small truck, and it had to be BASE model, id probably choose a different model per price point ONLY.

just my two cents.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Question is irrelevant... as soon as you go in for the first refill of the gas tank, you've done an expensive modification...

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I would have. I wanted a jeep and a truck and the ability to take the doors and roof off. Looks a lot better with some mods but I would have no problem driving a stock one.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t even buy a Rubicon and keep it stock. 😂.

88FA1166-598E-4825-A0D5-8CB6C3434318.jpeg
Sponsored