First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, C7 Corvette, MGB, AH Sprite
Occupation
Owner - Auto Service Center
I installed mine last week. Well worth it! I can actually see at night now!

Sponsored

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR EcoDiesel, Land Cruiser 79, BMW R1250GS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
We made a dimensional update to the shipping costs.
Chiming in here.
  • For a 2023 JT EcoDiesel, do I just need the lights from the link above? (repeated below for clarity [1]).
  • I do have an ODBII reader, I do have the required cable, I can get a JSCAN license.
Do I need any additional wiring or such? Are there instructions for the installation? I'm okay doing it, but I'd like to follow instructions if available. Doing headlights only on a halogen equipped truck.

[1] https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215136ad.html#

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Chiming in here.
  • For a 2023 JT EcoDiesel, do I just need the lights from the link above? (repeated below for clarity [1]).
  • I do have an ODBII reader, I do have the required cable, I can get a JSCAN license.
Do I need any additional wiring or such? Are there instructions for the installation? I'm okay doing it, but I'd like to follow instructions if available. Doing headlights only on a halogen equipped truck.

[1] https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215136ad.html#
Hi Guido,
The wiring thats included in the kit will not be required for your application, No other parts are necessary. Yes Programming is required either by your Dealer or a 3rd party tool like a Tazer. Theres an instructions link on the product page.

I will send you a code you can use on these,
- Benny

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
The wiring thats included in the kit will not be required for your application, No other parts are necessary. Yes Programming is required either by your Dealer or a 3rd party tool like a Tazer. Theres an instructions link on the product page.
First, thanks for the code, I've just ordered the headlights.

One question: if the wiring isn't required, I take it that all steps from 9 onwards regarding wiring are not necessary? So, no wiring needs to be done, no wheel well liner removal, no routing into the cabin, etc.?

There seem to be a ton of steps I really wouldn't want to do ... maybe I should have checked the instructions first ...

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
First, thanks for the code, I've just ordered the headlights.

One question: if the wiring isn't required, I take it that all steps from 9 onwards regarding wiring are not necessary? So, no wiring needs to be done, no wheel well liner removal, no routing into the cabin, etc.?

There seem to be a ton of steps I really wouldn't want to do ... maybe I should have checked the instructions first ...
Correct your just plugging the lamps in as far as any wiring goes.

- Benny

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
Correct your just plugging the lamps in as far as any wiring goes.
Excellent. That's what I hoped and understood from the discussion here. Can't wait to get this done, we've had the truck for a year and since we rarely drive at night, it wasn't a priority. Until it became one ...

Sponsored

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
@AllMoparParts.com

Received the headlights today and installed them. I seem to be missing something: passenger side halo isn't working and on close inspection, it seems that the connector to the headlight only has three cables going to it.

The driver side works and has four cables. Do you happen to know what I need to do?

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
@AllMoparParts.com

Received the headlights today and installed them. I seem to be missing something: passenger side halo isn't working and on close inspection, it seems that the connector to the headlight only has three cables going to it.

The driver side works and has four cables. Do you happen to know what I need to do?
Hi Guido,
Did you have the programming performed either by dealer or 3rd party tool?

- Benny

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
Hi Guido,
Did you have the programming performed either by dealer or 3rd party tool?

- Benny
Yes, I programmed it with a JSCAN and the driver side DOES have four wires going to the plug on the light and it worked, while the passenger side has four wires going to a large(ish) plug above the light, just behind the upper grill cover and then only three wires going to the light itself. Didn't take photos while we still had daylight, sorry for this.

The programming worked insofar that the driver's side halo came on when I enabled the appropriate settings. I've turned the driver's side back off so that it looks even for now, but I hope that it needs just a different cable from the plug I mentioned to the light.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Ok please send me your VIN so I can compare a few things, This is the first I have heard of this but I will do my best to find a solution here.

- Benny