Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
May be a dumb question...Not familiar with those style keys but are they generic? Like if I ordered these could my key unlock yours?
There’s always a possibility that these can be picked AND a remote possibility that the keys are not unique.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
There’s always a possibility that these can be picked AND a remote possibility that the keys are not unique.
According to Mopar Supply doesn't fit Gladiators.
Probably because the grill mesh is deferent between the JL and the JT. The Locking Mech should work on both.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Whoa just got on to a ton of notifications lol. Thanks to those who have been adding photos etc. I changed the title to better reflect this thread's content, this isn't a discussion to add every lock under the sun! Sorry! I just wanted to share one of the many options and my thoughts on it. :rock:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, prolly causes cancer in California.
The brackets I ordered for my skid plate are marked as causing cancer in CA, so is the package of bolts I bought. What they think I'm a gonna do, eat 'em?
I have quite a few packages on the shelves from things I have bought for my JT - and most will cause cancer, but only in California, so I guess as long as I never drive to CA with my JT, I'll be ok, but cross that border and I'll get cancer.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
After reading @GOCAMPN excellent review I ordered a set right away. I had been looking for locking ones but all the others I had seen looked very cheaply made with cheezy locks.

Mine arrived today (ordered direct from RR, $99 w/free 3-day FedEx shipping) and about 1/2 hours later they were installed. Super simple (don't forget to install the gaskets in your excitement to install them like me). I set mine to max tightness and they work great.

I don't know if others might have mentioned but I really like the feature that you can leave the locks unlocked with no issues (say offroading). Thanks for all the reviews. Every time I come to the forum it cost me money :angel:

BTW, in a year I might be building a lift top camper and figure I can use my old hood latches for the roof latches (keeping the Jeep style), so if anyone wants to sell their old stock hood latches (preferably cheap), drop me a PM as I could use a second pair so I'll have 4 matching.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Just got my RR Hood latches in today. Seem like good build quality, will see how well they install tomorrow!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
OP it's so funny you just posted this thread. I saw the latches last week but couldn't really find any threads or info on these anywhere. I ended up buying them anyways with a 10% off coupon northridge4x4 was running last week. Now I see this thread and now glad I made the choice to get them. Still waiting on them to arrive. I just wanted something that appeared more stout than the plastic locking ones I got off Amazon 6 months ago. It was a toss up between these and the Rampage ones but these appeared a better build and match my Rugged Ridge bumper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
OP it's so funny you just posted this thread. I saw the latches last week but couldn't really find any threads or info on these anywhere. I ended up buying them anyways with a 10% off coupon northridge4x4 was running last week. Now I see this thread and now glad I made the choice to get them. Still waiting on them to arrive. I just wanted something that appeared more stout than the plastic locking ones I got off Amazon 6 months ago. It was a toss up between these and the Rampage ones but these appeared a better build and match my Rugged Ridge bumper.
Glad I could provide you some assurance haha, no buyer's remorse here that's for sure.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I could provide you some assurance haha, no buyer's remorse here that's for sure.
They should give you a commission or discount on your next purchase - you sold several sets.

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I've had quite a few sponsors over the years, and Rugged Ridge was one of them, but I don't believe in affiliate marketing. I just tell it how it is.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If its not something I can rekey to my gladiator key not gonna happen. I got to many damned keys to keep track of already (LOL)

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Curious how the finish will hold up. Someone dunk one in some salt water and let us know if it rusts all to hell.
Sponsored